10

Buck's point of view

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks later.

I get dressed into my SEALS work uniform when Eddie and Chris walk in right when I finish. "Do you have to be in the military Bucky?" Chris says with tears in his eyes, I look up to Eddie who has a look of confusion on his face so I kneel down to Chris. "I like this job bud, you know how you like to play video games and they make you feel really good and happy?" I ask him putting my hands on his shoulders. "Yeah they are really fun." He says smiling causing me to chuckle and hug him. "That what my job as a SEAL does for me, it makes me happy and feel good on the inside. Like you and your dad does for me as well, I won't promise you I will always be fine. I do know that at least for today I will be fine and I will be home to tuck you in bud." I tell him looking into his eyes giving him my pinkie, we shake on it when he latches onto me. "Ok Bucky, will you have to leave like my daddy did?" I frown wanting so badly to lie to him, he deserves the truth he's to smart. "I will have to leave like your daddy, sometimes it might be for a long time and sometimes it will be for only one or two months." I softly reply making a tear fall from his eyes breaking my heart.

"Hey but every time I get back me and you will go do whatever you want only the two of us." I wipe his tear away right away not wanting him to be sad over my job. "Promise?" 

"I promise Chris, anytime I have to go away and I get back me and you will spend a whole day together." We hug one last time then I get up and smooth out my uniform and me and Eddie drop Chris off at school. 

"Please dial down the stupid by like 1000 mi amor." Eddie says while staring at me with his beautiful brown eyes. "No promises, who knows it might go up." I pull him into a deep kiss, then getting out of the car. "I love you Evan!" 

"I love you so much my love." I yell back in Farsi to him getting a raised eyebrow from him, knowing he has no clue what I said. 

I walk into the base instantly seeing Bullet standing there with that damn pager that I always hated. "Bullet my girl that better not be those stupid pagers they give us, that they wait right until you fall asleep and they blare!" I laugh making a joke out of it. "You know it is One Shot." Sighing I take it out of her hand clipping it to my belt, then giving her a hug. "Welcome back kid, we are going to have some badass missions again now."

"Oh god I miss though, the only sucky thing is the guilt I'll have for my kid when on them but god I miss the thrills of it." We walk up getting ready for the three hour training we both signed up for. "You know how much we missed having you on them with us, have you finally nailed Farsi?" I grin then in Farsi say. "You bet your ass I did, it's funny as not even the big boss speaks it." I respond all in Farsi, we decided to learn Farsi together once I left I had kind of stopped. "You sound good kid, makes the already hot you even hotter." I blush bright red at that, I had always been teased and commented on by my looks and underestimated. "Back at ya Bullet." I respond still in Farsi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie's point of view

"Yeah Chris isn't to happy about Buck's change in career, I mean I'm not thrilled about it but he has been so much happier this last month you guys." I say eating the breakfast Bobby made, but with a scrunched face. "I have noticed he has been actually smiling, I can now see the differences between his 'smile' and his smile." Bobby responds dinking his hot cup of coffee, you can tell he doesn't know how to feel either. "I know, even though I hate the knowing damn well he will get deployed again, it is so worth seeing the smile that goes across his face. It is hectic holding BBQ with his unit though, we always make sure Chris isn't there just for the noise and the stories, but he loves those people just as much as he loves us." I lightly laugh getting sent a picture of a soaking wet Buck, who at that particular moment doesn't look to thrilled.