Last Time(s) [ReaderxGeneralHux]

A tracking mission takes an unexpected turn. None other but General Hux himself comes to rescue you.

The wind is howling. It's a sound you have not heard in a while, and it excites you beyond belief. You actually get to do some groundwork for once. You get to see movement of falling stars and changing skies, not the stillness of space. You get to stride down a shopping street, flying under the radar because you're not in First Order uniform. You don't even mind the cold evening air. As long as you get to breathe in an actual, natural atmosphere.

The only downside is General Hux' voice sounding from the earpiece you're wearing.

"Lieutenant! You're missing sight of your mark!"

You roll your eyes and move your scarf so that passersby do not see you talking. Even though you doubt anyone is paying proper attention to you.

"I got it under control. Your micromanaging is not helpful."

"Lieutenant! I-"

"Shut up and let me do my work!" You whisper shout.

"You are forgetting yourself!"

"Another word and I take the earpiece out."

Hux actually falls silent. You're not sure if it's because he's steaming and about to explode or finally does you the favor of letting you focus on your job.

The courier just took a sharp left, into an alleyway. You're not stupid enough to follow him inside and instead walk past it, merely glancing inside. You note several balconies above and walk straight into the next entrance.

It's some sort of jewelry store and the merchants starts to talk to you.

"I need to see something, excuse me." You walk past them. When they go to stop you from taking the stairs up, you put a few credits in their hand and put your finger to your mouth, signaling them to be quiet. They take them, give you a nod, and position themselves by the door as if they just decided to play bouncer.

While you hurry upstairs, Hux finds his voice and asks: "How much did you just give them?"

"Not nearly as much as Ren spent on prostitutes last week."

You hear Hux snort.

"Did I just make you laugh?" You grin to yourself while you navigate the rooms upstairs and make your way to the balcony.

"Focus." He replies sternly.

"Oh, so suddenly you don't want to talk..." You glance down to the alleyway below. "I have a visual." You say, completely serious now.

Hux can hear it in your voice and tells you quietly: "Careful."

You crouch down, half on the balcony, half inside the building and observe the exchange. You contemplate to pull out your phaser and ambush them, but something stops you.

You hold your breath, even though the noises coming from the main street to the side and the wind are way louder.

One of them moves his long coat to the side and you see a silver spear shimmer in the moon light.

"Oh oh."

"What? What's happening?"

"Problem." Is all you say, getting on all fours and crawl to the railing of the balcony, staying as close to the floor as possible, to get a full view of the man.

You were sent down here to get intel on the spice trade. The man you were following is supposedly a mule. You obviously stand corrected when you see him hand three blinking devices to the large man in the cloak. You only now, furthermore, realize that he does not simply wear a hood, hiding his face, but a helmet as well.