Five

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this story is taking off as much as my others did! This chapter is an emotional one, I give a huge trigger warning. 

How four days had passed and Thursday was here already she wasn't sure but she knew why it had gone so quickly. 

After arriving home that Sunday with her makeup smudged and smelling like Derek, Kyle let loose and all hell broke out.

He accused her of sleeping with Derek, which of course she hadn't but parts of her wish she had. She knew she'd feel safe and secure with him. But his anger went from words to physical quickly.

Since Sunday evening he had spent each and every evening beating her, torturing her in any way he could. He had used the belt on her back and legs, scratched her, punched, kicked, slapped he had left her with bruises on each part of her body. Not one part had been untouched.

She ached, her apartment was a complete mess. Her blood on different parts of the wooden flooring, her bed covers were soaked in her blood, the walls had blood splatters on them, there was broken glass that he'd thrown at her. 

He had gone out today she wasn't quite sure where and why but she was thankful for the break even if it was temporary.

She was supposed to be going for dinner tonight but she could barely walk. Every movement caused pain in her ribs.

But of course she tried to keep going, she tried to clean but the pain took over. Meredith was a fighter but in this moment she wanted to give up, she wanted it to end, she wanted the pain to go. 

When three o'clock came and the door opened loudly she knew it was coming again. She knew her body couldn't take much more of his abuse. It had been four days of complete pain, anger and harshness.

But he didn't care, the moment he saw her standing he kicked her down.  But she could sense a difference from the other times. This time he was drunk as well as full of rage. 

"Ky, please"She begged, he spat at her before kicking her in the jaw, then her ribs. All the air escaped her body, her lungs were on fire for minutes until oxygen circulated again. 

He stamped on her legs, her ankles, her stomach as if she was dirt. He again withdrew his belt, bringing it down over and over and over until he could smell the blood, until the metal end was crimson with blood.

For two hours he continued his own ritual, hitting her over and over, using his belt, his feet, his hands. She had no energy left to fight him, she was like his personal rag doll. She felt as though her own end was coming. She wished she would pass out so it would stop even for a while but she was awake the entire time. 

When he pulled her up by her hair she wasn't sure what to expect. But he delivered 24 blows to her abdomen "Happy birthday for tomorrow"He chuckled as he finished the 24th. She coughed, splutterling blood over the walls. The pain was like nothing she had ever experienced. She thought he was done, she hoped he was finally finished.

But he dragged her to the kitchen area where he slammed her head to the counter four times. All of the noise around her became a giant buzz. She wasn't sure what she'd broken but she knew she must have had some breaks. 

"I'm tired"He grunted, with one movement he picked her up and slammed her entire body into the glass table that shattered beneath her.  After that everything went black for her.

/

The Shepherd family were out for dinner, without the kids who were with another relative for the evening. They were celebrating Arthur's latest raid that had been his biggest ever.