Seven

Her entire body ached, some areas more than others. Constant tears fell from her eyes as she had to relive each beating, each assault over and over to help the police and build a case against her tormenter.

She laid in the hospital bed, Arthur Shepherd and his deputy at her side as they asked different questions. She'd been out of surgery for 4 hours and awake for 2.  Theo had left only moments ago to go to Lexie, she had slipped their minds as the details became clearer.

She was attached to multiple machines, all kinds of things being pumped into her body. She knew they'd removed a piece of glass from her lung as well as repaired a tare in her kidney. 

Her face was covered in cuts, dark bruises had formed above both eyes and under one of them, her jaw was severely bruised. All she could do was thank that she was safe now although she was broken. She had to go through in detail everything she could remember, it was seeing how hurt her family was that made everything hurt more for her.

She tried to stay strong, she tried to not let the pain show. But when Ellis whispered in her ear "Let it all out baby, we've got you, you are safe"  she broke down, sobbing and wrattling in the arms of her mother.

Theo had spoken to Clara, she had given him the address for Derek's place as Lexie had fallen asleep hours ago.  He had to give the details to everyone, about Kyle's arrest,  about Meredith and all that had happened in the last six hours. 

He was greeted by Mark as he pulled up. He nodded to the unfamiliar face as he stepped out of his car. Dark tired circles had formed beneath his eyes. He had showered and changed clothes but he hadn't slept. He couldn't.

Mark led Theo into the living room where everyone had changed, even Lexie who must have been wearing Clara's clothes. Amelia was there now and the kids were with Carolyn. 

"Theo"Lexie leapt up and into his arms, she held onto her brother tightly.

"You all look as bad as I do"Theo chuckled lightly as he walked to Derek and Henry. "Thank you for looking after Lexie last night and getting Meredith's things from the restaurant. I won't ever forget it"He shook Derek's hand and lightly hugged Henry before sitting in the chair Derek had gestured too.

"Coffee?"Amelia asked, Theo nodded his head as he checked his phone.

"Is she awake?"Lexie asked. Theo nodded his head. 

"When I left her she had just given another statement to the police. I will start with the good news. Kyle was caught at 4am. He walked into the street with flowers, he was hammered. Drenched in her blood still.  I would have called sooner Lex but she needed me. She screams when she's on her own. "He explained.

"Screams? She's scared Theo. How does she look now?"Lexie leant into Clara as Amelia handed him a coffee.

"Bruised, tired, cut, like she's been beaten for days. Cristina wouldn't leave Owen had to take her to the on call room to get her to sleep. Ma has been at her side through it all. Its killing her hearing it all. Mer is trying to stay strong you know. Saying she's okay, asking if you were okay and where you were."  Lexie's face dropped.

"She's been asking for me. Why didn't you call me. I would have been there Theo"Her voice raised.

"Because I didn't want you to have to hear all of it. To hear what he's fucking put her through. To hear her scream in fucking pain , to watch her be examined over and over. Lexie this isn't just him hitting her. This is months and months of mentally breaking her down, of raping her, of making her do things you wouldn't make a dog do, Lexie he didn't abuse her he tortured her. He ruined our Meredith." He let the tears fall. "She's breaking and there is nothing I can do to help her."