Chapter 3

"Why I joined AST?" Origami repeated the question as Y/n nodded. "You excel at everything. From classes to extracurricular activities. You could pick almost any course or job that is high paying without any problem. So I ask you again, 

Why join the AST?"

 Y/n wanted an answer, and looked at her in the eyes, as if to say he wanted nothing but the truth from Tobiichi Origami. Silence filled the atmosphere as Origami kept being emotionless and still. After a minute, she then answered the question with another question, asking: "Do you remember the day my parents died?" which shocked him. He knew that Origami had held so much anger for the 'killer' but to go this far? Scratch being concerned, Y/n was intending to pull all the stops to convince her to quit this dangerous job.

"Origami... I understand how you feel about this, but don't you think you're risking your life for something like that? Think of who'll you leave behind before you do this. Please, I don't want another loved one dying while I'm around." he pleaded as he didn't want Origami to risk her life over something that happened many years ago. "Think about it! I'll be able to avenge my parents' death! I will just have to kill them all and then no one will be-" as soon as he heard her answer, Y/n then carried her to a couch as he then sat on the floor cross legged. 

"Do you really think that's worth the risk? All we saw back then was a ray of light that shot down from the sky. We don't really know what happened back then, it was just... there. Like it was an accident..." Y/n spoke but as soon as he got to the part where he said that it was just like an accident, his mind went back towards when his parents died due to a car accident. He could still vividly remember the scene of waking up and seeing the car all ablaze and he was unable to do anything. As he tried to attempt writing off the death of Origami's parents as an accident, he accidentally relived his own traumatic event causing him to shudder and whimper as he made a traumtaized expression.

In response to Y/n's panic attack, Origami then rushed to calm him down. Wrapping her arms around him as she caressed his head. "There, there... Calm down now. I'm here for you, Y/n." Origami attempted to soothe him with a calming voice that she would use whenever he would suffer panic attacks like these. As soon as he calmed down he then was sat down on the couch as Origami then offered him a glass of water which he drank. "Thanks..." he spoke to her as he then continued.

"So... I guess I don't have any power to stop you huh?" he asked as Origami stood still, staring at Y/n with no hesitation as if to show how determined she is in staying at AST. Sighing, Y/n then answered, "I guess I have no choice then. I'm joining. I want to help you in any way I can." As he said this, Origami then tried to insist that he doesn't need to, telling him, "You'll just throw your life away if you do so. I don't want you to die just because you want to help me. Please, you can live your life normally, so don't waste it." in a form of a plead. 

Y/n then thought about the whole thing. Sure, she was right that he would be able to live a life normally. However, that would mean that he would be abandoning and breaking his promise to her that 'They would protect each other, no matter the cost'. To him, that promise meant everything to him and breaking it would have been worse than death to him. Besides, he was already given powers that could be deemed superhuman. It would've been a waste if he didn't use it to protect those he loved. That being said, Y/n then answered:

"Well, it would be a waste to not use those powers to protect you. Besides, I want to keep our promise that we made when we were kids. So please, allow me to join AST!"