Chapter 6

April 19, 20XX

"NEXT!" Y/n shouted as he was asking for more sparring partners in the AST headquarters. "T-there's no more who can fight right now... The others are on duty, aren't you even tired?! Everyone else right now is tired!" a small girl with a brown pigtail hair asked in a concerned tone as Y/n was feeling restless in a good way. He was enthusiastic in training, willing to partake extra training sessions and this had tired out the people in charge of him during sparring sessions. Hell, they were even wearing their Combat Realizer Units. "Well then, I'm taking my leave then! Thanks for the lessons!" Y/n said as he then dashed outside, and the girl could see him riding a bike.

"Man, that boy is really something else sometimes. We thought of him as a slacker and we paid for it." an AST member jested as they were still recovering. "Yeah, I'm glad that he's on our side..." the pigtail girl said as a stern voice corrected her, "She's actually on Origami's side not ours, Okamine. I don't know much, but he is mostly like Origami's bodyguard and mercenary than being on our side. Though we can trust him not to go insane with his power." 

"Yeah, he is pretty much disciplined. I wonder what he really is fighting for other than being lovey-dovey with Origami." Okamine told Captain Kusakabe as the latter then jested,

"You know he'll smack you with a newspaper if he heard you say that right? He's really a big softie underneath that tough skin, I am not gonna lie."

As Y/n then got home, he had some groceries and chocolate treats for Yoshino inside the backpack he usually has. As he was about to enter with a happy mood, he then received a message from Origami, which was saying:

"Good work for today. I have planned a sleepover at your place. Can I come over?" 

With this message, Y/n almost dropped his phone due to worry, fearing for what might happen next. He worried about Yoshino, as he knew Origami would be merciless with regards to Spirits. In addition, if he tried protecting Yoshino, a quarrel would ensue between him and Origami, and he wouldn't want anything like that in front of Yoshino. 

Rushing towards his room as he placed the groceries on the living room's table. Y/n then opened the door to see Yoshino reading manga. "Yoshino!" Y/n called out as he was breathing heavily in panic. 

"A-ah... Is something the matter? You look... pale and scared." Yoshino worried about Y/n who was filled with paranoia and fear. "O-Origami... She's gonna arrive here. I don't want to say this but...you..." Y/n was too scared to say it as he doesn't know what might happen to Yoshino's mood if he said those words.

"You want me to leave...right? I-it's alright... M-me and Yoshinon were listening... She's gonna kill us if we stay." Yoshino said as Y/n couldn't say anything to make the words less heavy. "Y-yeah... That's the gist of it. I wish I could do something, but all the options I have in my hand are gonna harm you, one way or another." he bluntly responded as he then looked down. 

"You shouldn't feel guilty. Yoshinon really thinks there's no other choice. Your revenge driven girlfriend will murder us at the first sight." Yoshinon bluntly put it. "Yeah, I could see that happening at any given point..." Y/n agreed in a low and defeated voice as he then prepared things for her to use. Clothes, food, books, anything to keep her mood entertained.