Chapter 9

"Weird... Y/n said that he was going to be here..." Shido muttered as he was outside of the cafe. Looking at his watch, it had been 30 minutes ever since he was waiting for Y/n. "Tch, our bodyguard is late. Did he get into trouble?" Kotori complained, yet she was hinting some concern over Y/n as he is always earlier than most people when it comes to things that had serious matters or piques his interest.

"Either way, Tohka is nearby. For now, let's focus on sealing her. We'll alert you of any AST, especially Hirano. I'll send you the coordinates to where Tohka is." the commander ordered Shido as he then walked to where Tohka was according to Kotori's group. From there, Tohka, wearing a uniform meant for female Raizen students, was watching someone from afar. "Tohka? What's wrong?" Shido asked as Tohka pointed at Origami and Y/n.

"Do they know each other, Shido? What's happening?" Tohka asked as she wanted to get close and listen to them. Shido then stopped her, as he knew eavesdropping on the two would be rude, but it seems like Tohka was insistent on listening on the two as she even invited Shido on listening and dragged him onto a nearby bush.

"Hey, it's rude to listen in to someone's conversation you know!?" Shido whispered in a low tone as Tohka insisted, "I want to listen! It seems like our friend might be in trouble." in a rather loud voice which made Shido shut her mouth for a while as a young girl wearing a green raincoat looked around. "Alright, alright! Just keep your voice down! One of them is pretty attentive enough to listen on others!" he gave in as he listened on the two.

On the other hand, Y/n wasn't even surprised of this outcome at all. He knew that one day, he was going to have to answer the consequences of his action that opposed Origami's ideals and views. Instead of shock and panic, only remorse showed in his emotions. "I take full responsibility in my actions." he told Origami as she angrily grabbed Y/n's shirt.

"What the hell are you thinking going near her?! You could've died at any second! Letting her into your or your uncle's household will pose a threat to your lives!" she shouted as Y/n kept silent, not even talking as from the earpiece, Kotori remarked, "Who would've thought the Tengu City Representative of boxing would be such a whipped dog?" which made Shido deadpan.

"If she did intended to do that, then she would've done so minutes ago." Y/n answered in a weak tone as Origami was baffled with this response as she turned her attention and anger to Yoshino. Suddenly, Yoshinon then spoke up as if the puppet was the spokesperson for the two. It then said, "Seriously... Y/n is right. If Yoshinon and Yoshino wanted to hurt him, we would've done so already. Do you really see us Spirits as killers?" which made Y/n surprised as he realized what this meant. She was listening on his conversation with Yamada and now, as the two confront, Y/n had to stop them. 

"I do! You killed my parents five years ago! You took the lives of innocent people. I will.... I will never forgive you! I'll kill all of you!" Origami shouted as she was about to lay her hands on Yoshino as Y/n blocked Origami in her way. "Enough of this! You two will stop this, right now!" Y/n ordered as Origami tried to push through, but due to the strength difference, she can't get through as she backed away. 

"Why... Just kill her! Have you been manipulated by her?! Why are you siding with her?!" Origami asked angrily as Y/n made a solemn face once more unable to look at her at the eye, as if to say, 'I'm sorry for all this mess.' and turned his back on her. In a blur, Y/n then vanished as a light downpour occurred. Everything was in a disarray, and each of them had different people to blame except for Y/n who blamed himself.