Chapter 13

"Thanks for showing me around here." Kurumi thanked Shido and Tonomachi with the latter scratching his head and blushing. "N-no... It is our pleasure to introduce you to this club. The more the merrier." Tonomachi replied while Shido was deadpan and remarked 'You know... If Y/n was here, he would've smacked you in the head multiple times now for being so easily swayed by girls.' in his head.

"Well, I shall take my leave then. Oh, by the way, can you guide me back home Shido-san?" Kurumi asked which surprised Shido while Tonomachi tried to insist on the latter being the one to walk Kurumi home. "In addition, he already has a girlfriend! It could cause trouble if you let Shido walk you home." Tonomachi reasoned as Shido became more apalled and shocked with how far Tonomachi's desperation would go.

Though Tonomachi was partially right that it would cause trouble, him being assertive with Kurumi would hinder Ratatoskr and their plan. Shido doesn't want to bear any ill will, but right now, he was wishing that Kurumi would reject his offer. "I thank you, but I really want Shido to walk me home." she insisted which made Tonomachi gasp, and kneel down in defeat. "Well, if that's what you want, then-" Shido was then interrupted when Kurumi grabbed his hand. "Sweet! Let's go then!" she excitingly said as they left the Past Timer's Club, leaving Tonomachi to his grief.

"Oh dear heavens.... I had lost an opportunity again." Tonomachi uttered out in agony and grief. Meanwhile, Kurumi and Shido were holding hands as they were going downstairs, heading outside Raizen. Despite knowing that this was just Shido's mission, Shido was feeling that this was wrong. He could feel that he was betraying Tohka despite the whole thing with Kurumi just being nothing but a responsibility. Besides...

They were just friends after all... Right?

"Shido! I've been waiting for you for a long ti-" Tohka's joyous expression was cut out, and was replaced with something called envy as her eyes narrowed. "Who is she?" she asked which made Shido stammer and panic. What should he tell Tohka so she would calm down? With how Kurumi was holding his hand, he couldn't weasel his way out easily.

Suddenly, Kurumi had hugged Shido, looking at Tohka with a devious smile. Kurumi then answered for Shido, saying, "I'm a close friend of his. My, are you jealous?" in a way to instill anger and envy into Tohka's heart.

As Kurumi had spoke her answer to Tohka, Kurumi licked her lips, and smiled in a devious way. It was as if everything was going according to her plan.

"Maaaan. I'm really beat! Ya really are something else. " Y/n complimented Mana of her fighting capabilities. Mana, Y/n, and Origami were walking back home and were chatting like friends talking to each other on the way back home after school was ocer. "I mean, you and Origami had put up a better fight than most who sparred with me. You two have so much potential, if I am speaking honestly. However, your style feels so familiar though. Have you been into boxing back then?" Mana asked which Y/n answered:

"Yep! I am- Well, I was an amateur boxer back then."

Y/n had to to correct himself that he was no longer the inter-high champion that he once was, but this time, he had no more guilt or remorse about leaving and retiring. "Ah! You're the one on the news that said 'The Second Coming of Chronos'! You were famed throughout the news about being Japan's rising star!" Mana recognized Y/n, being starstruck to the prodigy he once was.