Chapter 15

Fire...

Again, this same dream had occurred once more. The vision of a broken down vehicle burning like wildfire appeared again as Y/n was trapped in a field of fire. Suddenly, the vision immediately ended, and he saw red glowing eyes with horns that looked similar to an oni's. As it approached Y/n, he breathed heavily, as he thought of the figure as a demon who embodied the very concept of fire itself.

Familiar voices then snapped him awake, calling out to him with these words:

"Y/n! Wake up! It's us!"

"Kid! We're here!"

Jolting up from the infirmary bed, Y/n woke up in cold sweat. He breathed heavily as he held his head. Holding Y/n gently, Origami caressed his hair and comforted him with the words, "Shh... It's alright. It's just a dream, we're here by your side." Ryo smiled at this moment they were having, leading him to tease Y/n with:

"Should me and Yoshino go for now? You two seem to be rather touchy feely." 

"We're not gonna do that in an infirmary. Besides, I feel like jelly still. Anyways, I think we should have a talk. There's something important I need to discuss with you." Y/n replied, and started to retell what happened back then when he met the Spirit. As it went onto the part where Y/n described how Kurumi tried exploiting his major fear of fire in order for her to extract information out of him, Ryo's eyes turned into worry and major concern as he gestured Y/n to stop. 

The two then noticed the look in Origami's eyes. The eyes that were once expressing gentleness and care for Y/n had now were burning with hate and the desire to hurt someone. Ryo asked Origami to calm down, as he didn't want to scare Yoshino who had also noticed and felt animosity coming from Origami. Only hate for Kurumi was residing in Origami's eyes. 

"Don't think of anything like getting revenge. You'll just get killed. Anyways, we have a big problem in front of us. If we go back home, we are just going to be offering ourselves to Kurumi." Ryo discussed their next step to the three as Y/n agreed. "I could handle her if I wasn't tired from sparring with Mana. With how much Reiryoku I've spent, it would take me a week or two to recover." he said, and it had meant he would be stuck with a defenseless small body of an 11 year old boy.

"Then where to? If Kurumi has knows Y/n's past, then we can't go to Nagoya then..." Yoshino asked, in despair with the situation at hand. "I can't use Shido's house too. I'd bring him in danger if I stayed there." Y/n added, and was out of ideas on where to go. Suddenly, the metal door opened and it revealed both Kotori and Reine who checked on Y/n.

"So... You're finally awake. How are you feeling?" Kotori asked to which Y/n answered, "Like shit. Kurumi has pinned us down to a corner. With her using whatever bullet she shot me with, she knows all places where I can hide. I can't even use my own powers since I'm still recovering." with a slightly stressed tone. With the statement given to Kotori, she had then discussed things with Reine on what to do.

Suspicious, Y/n tried to focus on listening to them, but the lowness of Reine and Kotori's made their discussion inaudible. Finishing their discussion, Kotori suggested: