Chapter 24

"Here we are. The Amerhauser Productions which will be our base of operations." 

Ryo, Haruka, and Kaede had arrived at their destination. As the sliding doors opened, they were greeted with a vast room full of machinery and prototype exosuits being manufactured. Even for someone like Kaede, she couldn't deny that she was fascinated with how they are being made. "Though they aren't capable of making Territory such as what AST equipment does, they are pretty durable. Capable of taking hits from a powerful Spirit and we have weapons that can immobilize them." Ryo showed her around the industry until they reached the training grounds.

"Here we are. Your equipment is at the room to your left at the further right cabinet." Ryo gave Kaede guides as to where she would receive her equipment. As she and Haruka went to the changing room and the former then immediately tried to grab the manual in how to wear the exosuit. Haruka was fascinated with how the exosuit is made.

Made from a material that rivals the durability of an average Spirit, this exosuit is heavily armored in steel of a special kind. The grey exosuit was designed for dangerous combat, heavily purposed to withstand a multitude of attacks from a Spirit despite the exosuit's lack of ability to create a Territory. In addition, it is not only designed to be durable. Beside the exosuit is a greatsword that only those who are physically strong enough can wield it. It was specifically made for Kaede Hirano, whose true specialty lies on brute strength. 

"That old man really studied me a lot. I guess I'll have to thank him for this." Kaede spoke as she equipped the exosuit. At first, the suit felt heavy, as Kaede was barely unable to take a step until the exosuit granted access to Kaede. After that, it felt like as if she wasn't wearing anything, being able to move freely and felt stronger as she wore it. "Oh man, this feels less restrictive than my equipment at AST. Man, no wonder they only needed five people in the operation. This thing is so powerful and durable!" Kaede described the exosuit and grabbed the greatsword, feeling confident that she will be able to get into shape easily.

"Alright! Now let's go back and kick some ass!" Haruka cheered as the two then went back to the training area. However, the confidence that Kaede and Haruka had was immediately shattered when they saw Origami, Shido, and a small 'kid who looks just exactly like Y/n'. "W-We're doomed." Kaede despaired, knowing that she would have her butt kicked and would be dealing with a one sided fight.

An awkward feeling surrounded the room, especially for Y/n and Kaede. "Old man, are you playing a prank on me?" he asked his uncle who answered, "I am not." while Kaede just realized:

The small kid that was beside Origami is Y/n.

"What the hell happened to you?! I swear, you beat me up to a coma and suddenly, you decided to shrink yourself back to a kid!"

"Shut up! It ain't my fault my body regresses to a child when I overuse my Spirit powers!" Y/n shouted and argued with Kaede before Ryo cleared his throat before the two could start arguing. "Can you two focus for now?" Ryo asked and immediately, Y/n did as he agreed. "You're right, we shouldn't fight, we have similar goals and all that stuff. I guess you heard the news from your fellow friend." Y/n told Kaede who nodded. 

"Yeah, and don't worry about your exosuit. I plan on bringing this back when I'm done with our enemy. Now.... Who am I sparring with?" Kaede asked which made Origami raise her hand, causing the former to tense up. "Don't worry. The fight won't be anything personal. If she gets out of control, I'll immediately intervene." Y/n reassured that nothing bad will happen to Kaede. However, she seemed to scoff at the idea and was about to insult Y/n when Haruka stopped Kaede from doing so.