Chapter 8

An environment ablaze with hellfire. This was something that is surrounding Y/n once more. Again,he was there again and he was horrified with the wildfire all around him and all he could see was fire blazing, threatening to burn him if he moved. From afar, he could then see a vision of a destroyed vehicle as after a minute that felt like hours for him, the vision then changed to the incident five years ago. 

Tengu City, on fire as he could hear Origami's voice calling him out. As he heard this voice, he then ran, trying to find Origami by searching where her voice was. However, a wall of fire then erupted, blocking his way as his hope of finding his lover then turned to fear as he stepped back. From the fire, eyes glinted red as he could see a gleaming halberd. From the fire, he could still hear Origami's voice:

"Y/n..."

"Y/n..."

"Y/n!"

When his name was called one last time, he jolted up awake, breathing heavily as he then saw himself in the AST base. Suddenly, he could hear the facility door open as Origami entered, bringing a tray of food and coffee for breakfast. Noticing his state of mind, Origami then cuddled Y/n as she patted his head and caressed his hair as if to calm him down. 

"Don't worry... Origami is here now... Relax, I'll protect you..." she whispered as she then continued cuddling Y/n until he was calm and okay. When Origami sensed that he was in a good state now, she then got off the bed as Y/n sighed. "Again, I'm having those nightmares again... I don't know why..." he muttered as he drank the coffee.

"I wish I could help getting that traumatic incident out of your mind... It's always that same reoccurring dream." Origami said, in disdain as she wanted to pin the blame on the Spirit for putting fear on Y/n's mind. Getting that off her mind, she then grabbed some food and motioned as if to feed Y/n. "I can do it on my own..." he said as he then started to eat his food. 

"Thanks for caring for me, I appreciate it a lot though I keep getting spoiled like a baby..." he thanked her as he blushed from the actions that Origami takes to keep him happy and secure. "No problem, I would always do my best to pamper and spoil my beloved." she said as she watched Y/n eat with happiness and contentment. 

"You were out like a light when we went back to the base. The doctors and researchers said you overexerted your Reiryoku usage in an amount where your body can't handle. You....reverted to a small form when you were recovering." Origami described as Y/n nodded in understanding as he realized his body couldn't hand extreme Reiryoku usage. "I mean, your body is not yet used to it. Abusing it would just damage your body than letting it adapt to a much faster rate. For now, try using methods that only need little Reiryoku." she advised as she picked up the tray when Y/n finished his food.

"Can I be able to take a walk and go home now? Resting and doing nothin' will be the end of me." Y/n asked, his restlessness showing as he then saw a mischievous glint on Origami's eyes. As she placed the tray on a nearby drawer, she then grabbed something from the inside and placed it outside the room they were in. 

As she returned, Y/n shuddered as he saw Origami's hand and finger movements. He knew this was going to be something lewd and as he blushed, he covered himself with the blankets of his bed as the white haired girl slowly approached him.