Chapter 16

"Aaaand another plus 4." Yoshinon said, placing a plus 4 card which signed the puppet's victory. Y/n on the other hand, being on a hundredth losing streak, was in dismay and he could feel his soul leaving his body after taking humiliating losses. "Man, you really suck at everything that isn't video games or physical sports." Yoshinon bluntly pointed out, making Y/n's soul float away in a comical manner. 

"Ah, Yoshinon might've gone too far. Apologies, Y/n-kun." Yoshinon apologized before Yoshino panicked as she saw Y/n's soul almost floating towards the afterlife and before it could pass away, Yoshino pulled his soul back to his body. "You really take your losses seriously, huh?" Yoshinon asked in a blunt tone again. "Of course I do. I never got the taste of defeat, and I never thought I would be losing to you a hundred times. Especially in something that is literally UNO." Y/n answered, making a pouty expression over his losses which made Yoshino laugh.

The two then heard someone weeping. Due to the silence of their surroundings as Ryo was away doing groceries and Origami attending classes in his stead, the room was very silent. "Y-Y/n... There isn't a ghost here, right?" Yoshino asked while Y/n tried to analyze whose voice was it. "No... It's not a ghost... Yoshino, please cover your ears. You can listen to music using headphones." Y/n requested to which the Spirit complied. 

Only wearing a plain blue oversized shirt that covered his shorts, Y/n went to the door where the source of the sound was and took a deep breath. He then immediately knocked on the door loudly, making enough noise just to disturb the person inside. Suddenly, the door opened in a way that it would knock Y/n off the balcony. 

Evading the door, Y/n smiled at Tohka in a mischievous grin. "I knew that I would easily push yer buttons." he said proudly, and Tohka, who was shocked to see Y/n here asked, "Why are you here? To poke fun of me?" and the mood she was in was very offsetting. It wasn't just pure annoyance to where they would bicker. This was pure anger, sadness, and loneliness that was mixed within Tohka's eyes. It was nothing but just pure agony.

"Cripes, you look like shit. Did something come up?" Y/n asked as he entered Tohka's room without her allowing him to do so. "That is none of your business." Tohka ordered him in a tired manner, but Y/n didn't respond to that and started to prepare a meal. No sound could be heard except the sound of Y/n making sushi. 

Finally, Tohka then spoke up and asked a question. "Hey, have you and Origami argued before?" she asked, wanting some advice from Y/n. "It was mostly about the whole issue about killing Spirits. Other than that, we rarely get into an argument. The only time I did was when we were at Nagoya and I got a bit jealous over boys fawning over Origami." he answered, and served twenty pieces of sushi alongside two cups of soda. 

"I was very young back then and very immature. Jealousy does make you tunnel vision and make you feel emotions like anger towards the ones you love, or even worse in some cases for others." Y/n added, remembering that day he felt jealous, leading him to acting very irrational and arguing with Origami. "I want to hear it..." Tohka requested and Y/n took a deep breath, going back to the past a year after the day Origami's parents died.

Back then at Nagoya, most boys at Y/n and Origami's would be heads over heels towards Origami for her beauty. Though she had never responded to their advances of asking her out or giving her gifts, Y/n's young heart ached over the boys making such advances. Y/n felt as if he was inferior to them, and would often feel moody whenever the boys would make said advances to the point he would drive them away in a comical manner.