Ibadah

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

"In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Have you guys prayed yet? If you haven't, pray first before reading,make sure prayers come first 🤍.

HERS

"Zahirah,wake up you lazy girl!" Ummi screamed, while giving me a tight slap on my thigh.

"Ouch Ummi what was that for" I groaned.

"Zahirah, have you got any idea what time it is now?" Ummi asked in a tensed voice.

Am I late for Fajr? Couldn't be, I'm never late, well most of the time.

Upon glancing at the LED clock that was shining so brightly, I read "2:30 Am".

"What the heck Ummi, it's only 2:30 Am, Fajr is not even close " I explained.

With disappointment on her face which was clearly displayed, Ummi sat down next to me on my bed. "My dear, we are not even close to becoming good Muslims. You, yourself know that for a fact. We need to gain more good deeds. Now, I need you to make wuduh and join me in the prayer room for tahajjud." Ummi said while caressing my cheek.

I nodded and quietly went to the bathroom to make wuduh, realization hit hard, Ummi was right as always, I'm no way near to becoming a good Muslim.

After that I joined Ummi in the prayer room and Offered 6 rakaats in tahajjud together.

After we finished, I read a little bit of the Qur'an. Soon it was Fajr. After praying Fajr, I went to my bed for some sleep, I was so tired, I only got 2 hours of sleep since I had to wake up soon for Uni.

Soon it was time for Uni, Agh I hated this part of the day. But it is what it is ;).

I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth and got ready. I decided to go for a light grey khimar and an abaya in a darker shade of grey to match.

Then headed downstairs for breakfast, that's my favourite part of the day, because anything that Ummi made was delicious

I was greeted by my brother Hamza, Hamza just finished his studies in Mumbai, India as an engineer, we used to live in Chennai, Tamil Nadu but moved to Canada when I was 9 so my dad could grow his company, my mum is from Kannur, Kerala and my dad is from Melur, Tamil Nadu.

When I got to the table, I was greeted by both of my parents, I replied to their greetings and sat down next to Hamza, a delicious smell hit my nostrils as I saw my mum walking up to the table bringing her famous masala dosa and thengai chutney. I thanked Ummi for the food and ate the food, it was so good.

After finishing I took my bag, gave salaam to both of my parents and left for Uni, Hamza was dropping us off, us meaning me and my friends, Rania and Yazrin.