Wedding

we landed in India for Hafiz bhai's nikkah a couple of hours ago.

Rania and Yazrin also came with us, they're family couldn't make it due to some complications.

We were picked up by Aleef, a distant cousin of mine that I knew I had only today, he was 2 years older than me, almost the same age as him.

while we were in the car, I couldn't help but feel like someone staring at me.

I looked around to see Aleef looking at me from the rear-view mirror.

when our eyes met, he quickly turned his head away.

Dude, guys are weird.

When we reached Periyamma's house Yaz stood next to me with a shocked look on her face and whispered, "This ain't no house, it a mansion!", I turned to look at her and chuckled, followed by Rania, I basically grew up here, because in the holidays me and my family would spend it with periyamma's family.

even if my Ummi's side was Malayalam, I grew up calling them in Tamil.

They understand because Tamil and Malayalam are very similar.

I knew how to talk in Malayalam when I was a kid, but I forgot the language when I moved to Canada.

"Wow this house is so pretty." Rania added, this house had been my childhood.

I hummed and saw the gates open, revealing a smiling Ameerah akka walking up to us.

Her tummy has gotten bigger.

"Assalamualaikum mami!" She exclaimed while hugging Ummi, Ummi hugged her back.

"How are you mama?" she turned and asked abbi, he smiled and patted her head, then answered "Alhamdullilah."

"What are you doing, still standing outside come in." A voice called out.

Periyamma

"How are you, Aisya?" Ummi asked her sister, while hugging.

"Alhamdullillah." She Answered.

After that all of us were ushered inside and told to take rest.

All three Rania, Yazrin and me stayed in the main guest room while the others slept in other guest rooms and the owners of this house slept in their respective rooms.

The next morning was hectic, decorations, food preparations, outfit picking, Chaos, I tell you.

Ameerah Akka literally forced us to follow her to the shops and buy outfits for the event Tomorrow night.

Mehndi Ceremony

Everything was new to Rania and Yazrin, since it's their first time here.

When we arrived at the first shop, both of them had their jaws dropped in shock.

"This shop is so small, but the outfits are so pretty." Rania muttered.

"That's the beauty of shopping in India, the outfits here are so pretty and so cheap! where Else can you afford this type of clothing?" Ameerah Akka chimed in.

"Let's start shopping, shall we?" I said in excitement.

We went through the whole shop, not knowing which one to pick, everything was so beautiful and colorful. I am very Indecisive You see, I usually get help from Hamza, but he isn't here right now.

I was scanning through the outfits and Sarees when this particular Saree caught my eye.

It was this beautiful silver like saree that was just perfect.