Decision

At the engagement

HIS

I saw her walk off with both my sister and cousin.

Why do they want to talk to her?

I wanted to listen to what they were saying but I didn't know where they went, even if I knew, it would be a sin to eavesdrop.

I was feeling thirsty after arguing about how Arabs made the better biryani than the Indians.

I excused myself from the lively group and went over to the beverage station. I was drinking the mango lassi when I heard a familiar voice, it was fathima ukhti.

"Do you like Imran?" she asked looking at the cheerful girl.

she looks so confused.

I am confused.

Why is she asking her that?

"What? I mean, he's a good guy I guess- Why are you Asking this? Is something wrong?" She asked with her brows furrowed.

Huh? I am a good guy?

"No, no, nothing's wrong, it's just, we really like you and I am pretty sure that Imran likes you too, my whole family likes you, You're Smart, Pious, and did I mention pretty?" fathima Ukhti Started.

True.

The thing she was about to say next almost made me spit out the mango lassi.

"All I'm trying to ask is would you want to marry Imran? I know this is a big decision but take your time, we won't rush you, we also will respect your decision." She ended.

What the hell?

How could he ask her that? she still so young, I'm still young.

I was furious at them; how could they ask her that.

It's not that I'm don't like her.

Heck, I do like her.

I'm just not ready, most importantly, she is not ready.

before I could say anything, they disappeared.

I looked at the girl who was just standing there, processing what just happened.

I was doing the same thing.

I was going to confront them later.

 The engagement ceremony ended; we went home shortly after.

When we got home, I waited until all of us were free, so I can confront them.

We were eating dinner when I asked Zulaikha who was sitting beside me.

"Can you and Fathima Ukhti come to My room later after?" 

"Why, is something wrong?" she asked, Concern lacing her voice.

"Can you two just come?" I asked in astern tone.

She looked taken aback but just nodded.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed when I heard a knock.

"Come in." I spoke.

"Hey, why did you want to meet us?" Fathima ukhti asked while walking into my room.

I pointed at the couch that was in my room, signaling them to sit.

After they sat, I started,

"Why did you ask her to marry me?" I said, straight forward.