23: Let's taco bout it

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful

Our Lord! Make us not a prey for those who disbelieve, and forgive us, our Lord! Lo! Thou, only Thou are the Mighty, the Wise (Q: 60 V: 5)

"Hey there"

I stared at the tall, lanky, sandy haired guy by my right leaning against the lockers, I had no idea who he was, but I wasn't liking the suggestive smile and smug look on his face. He shoved his hands into his pockets and crossed one leg over the other in a confident motion, then flashed me a not so charming grin.

I scrunched my eyebrows together and squinted at him, "who are you?"

Not Prince Charming looked taken aback, he cocked his head to the side in surprise, "really? I'm Derrick", he said, "we literally take all the same classes"

That name sounded awfully similar to Darren Terrible Pickup lines Banks, which made my nonexistent interest in whatever this guy had to say plummet further. Besides, I had very little social awareness, I only paid attention to the people close to me, so excuse me for not noticing Not Prince Charming here.

"Oh", I gave him a small nod and shifted my focus back to the books I was putting away, hoping he'd take the hint, "cool"

"Your name's Zara right? It's a pretty name"

"Thanks", I said through gritted teeth, my patience already teetering over the edge. I didn't get much sleep last night and didn't even drink coffee this morning, so I was sleep deprived and low on energy which put me in a questionable mood. I already snapped at Zayd twice this morning which led to us throwing insults back and forth, all in all; I really needed Derrick to uncross his legs and get them moving, preferably away from me.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl"

I slammed my locker shut, pivoting to face him head-on. He stood there, arms crossed, donning a brown leather jacket, complete with a mischievous grin on his face. I couldn't help but give him a quick scan; he had light blue eyes and sandy brown hair meticulously styled with the right amount of gel, giving him that 'snooty trust fund kid' vibe. His jacket looked like it could fund my entire wardrobe, and he wore... oh my God, skinny jeans? My already extinct interest plummeted even further down and my irritation hit its peak.

"What do you want?", I hissed at him, "something tells me you're not just here for an introduction"

He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders lightly, he pushed himself off the lockers and stood straight, "there's a party at Amanda's tomorrow night, wanna come with me? I can pick you up at seven"

He said that like I was supposed to know whoever Amanda was, and a party? With him? I'd rather chew on a razor.

"No", I said firmly, "and no thank you, since that's all you have to say, I'll be on my way then", I stepped around him to leave when I felt him grab my arm.

"Come on", he insisted, "it'll be fun, you're sure to have a good time if you're with me", he said with a wink.

"Let go of me", I growled at him, "before you regret it"

His grip grew tighter, "come on babe, don't be-"

I didn't let him finish, I swung my bag pack at him. It hit him in the face, messing up his hair. He stumbled back and yelped in pain, I warned him, I was in a shitty mood and Shitty mood Zahra was not the nicest.