24: Tissues and ice cream

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful

O you who believe! If you support the cause of God, He will support you and set firm your feet (Q: 47 V: 7)

Pandemonium.

That's what I woke up to.

My phone was buzzing with messages nonstop, the sound of the notifications entering was what pulled me out of my sleep. I groaned as I sat up and rubbed my eyes, after I prayed Fajr I had climbed back into bed to get a few more hours of sleep before getting ready for school. I unlocked my phone and peered at the screen blearily, then the sleep was wiped from my eyes when I saw that the barrage of messages were from We're Too Old For This; our group chat. There were more than twenty unread messages and more were swiftly pouring in, I quickly opened the chat, what was going on?

Hailey: Fuck you Adam.

Wait what?

Adam: I'm so sorry Hailey, it was a mistake I swear, I didn't mean to do that.

Ben: you piece of shit, I'm gonna kill you.

Hailey: Fuck. You.

Adam: Let me explain please.

Hailey: I can't believe you, how could you do this to me?

Kamilah: guys calm down.

"What the?", I stared at the messages in shock, were they fighting? What was going on? What did Adam do to Hailey? I scrolled through the flurry of messages trying to figure out what was happening.

Hailey: I hate you so much right now.

Adam: Hailey please, I was drunk, I wasn't thinking, you know I wouldn't willingly do something like this.

Ben: Enough with the shit excuses Jackson.

Hailey: I did my best to keep it hidden, I had finally gotten over it. Only you guys knew this and you promised to keep it a secret, and now you're telling me you blurted it out in some drunken haze at some fucking party?

Ben: you better make sure I don't see you today cause so help me God I'm gonna punch you.

Adam: I'm really really really sorry Hailey, I feel so terrible right now.

Hailey: You should you prick.

Kamilah: How about we all take a moment from the threats and insults and calm down.

Hailey: Shut the fuck up Kamilah, don't tell me to calm down.

Kamilah: I'm just saying.

Me: Guys, what's going on?

I felt like I was stepping into a crossfire as I sent the message, but I really needed to know what was happening. Why were they fighting at seven in the morning? From what I just read, it seemed like Adam got drunk at the party and spilled something about Hailey that apparently was a secret between them.

Hailey: How do you think I felt when I woke up and saw messages from people asking me if it was true that I have an eating disorder? I worked hard to rebuild my image after middle school, and you just destroyed everything in just a single night!