Two

You had spent an entire twelve hours with Sana when it hit you like a train. You were crushing on her and it was really not going well in your mind. You couldn't act on it. Mainly because you were famous. Famous in a country that didn't entirely take well to change in that sort of direction. Which meant you needed to keep it secret. Which was fine, because you weren't about ready to go scream to the world that you liked women and liked your group mate to be exact.

"Unnie.... I'm going to die," You groaned while walking down the street with Joohyun.

You had decided to visit her home with her rather than travel all the way to your parents' house. They agreed to come up and visit, liking the idea of spending time with the Baes again.

You were shocked that your parents hit it off with Joohyun's, but since it worked out, your families were almost like one big family. They would have parties on holidays, sometimes go out and take your dad's boat into the ocean and have a great time. They were even planning a Jeju trip when you and Joohyun had a long off period during the summer.

"You can't die from a crush Y/N-ah. Don't be stupid," Joohyun scoffed.

"That is sunbae to you." You gasped, earning a shove from the smaller woman.

"You haven't been a sunbaenim in years, stop holding onto the title," She laughed.

You shared some laughs, enjoying the small amount of silence you two had before you heard the familiar sound of thunder. You both stopped in your tracks, looking up at the cloudy sky before feeling the few, small droplets of water falling. You both smiled at the sudden little rain until you heard the larger drops and saw a sheet of rain trailing after you both.

The two of you ran to the nearest shelter, which so happened to be a convenience store roof, out of breath and laughing. Of course, you would be caught in a sudden rainshower in the spring. You decided to walk into the shop, waving at the cashier before looking at the different things the place had to offer.

You never really spent time in Daegu, mostly because Joohyun would refuse to leave her home whenever she visited. She was high profile like you were, but you kind of didn't care.

She had her arms wrapped around yours, looking at the different items before you had settled on a drink while she settled on a small snack. When you purchased the items, you sat out under the little roof, watching the rainfall with your best friend.

"Have you ever thought about why it rains?" You asked, not entirely looking at anything except the distorted figures that showed through the rain.

"It's the evaporated water from the ocean and lakes and rivers going up to the clouds until they can't hold them anymore.... Then it rains... Why would I think about it?" Joohyun muttered.

"My grandma used to tell me that when it rained, it only meant a few things. To water the crops, to put out fires inside or out, or you made god sad." You frowned before taking a sip of your lemonade.

"Why are you getting all.... Mentally right now?" Joohyun asked.

"We're outside in the rain. You're supposed to. Did you not get the memo?" You scoffed, earning yet another shove from the smaller woman.

"You're so annoying!" She laughed.

"You love me and you know it!" You pouted.

You always shared a room with Joohyun when you visited. Her sister was already moved out, and you could've taken the newly converted guest room, but it didn't feel right. Joohyun was your roommate for years before you left. Which meant it was only natural for both of you to keep that up.

You were laying on your mat with a thin blanket, staring at the ceiling. It was dark, minus the little bits of light that came in from the outside, filtering through the blinds on her window. You could hear the few cars going by every so often and it made you wonder what other people did in their lives.

"Unnie?" You whispered. You didn't hear her snoring, or even breathing, which meant she was awake and ignoring you.

You sat up, seeing her nonmoving form in her bed, under the blankets. You got closer, poking her back until you felt her grab your wrist.

"I'm trying to sleep, what do you want?" She mumbled.

"You weren't asleep though," You frowned. "But since you're awake..." You climbed into her bed and sat down. You watched her sit up, turn on her lamp and rub her face.

"You really are incredibly annoying," She muttered.

"I can't sleep..." You whispered.

"I can see that," The older woman yawned. "What is in your mind that's taking away my sleep?" She asked.

"Do you think that... Sometimes people fall in love with people they can't have... So that way when they do fall in love again, it won't hurt as bad?" You asked.

Joohyun blinked a few times before attempting to process your question, only to shake her head and look at you with an incredibly confused expression.

"What?" She frowned.

"So... Say this person fell in love with someone they couldn't have. Like someone way out of their league."

"Okay..."

"And they decided to hide it. Never tell anyone. So that way if they fell in love with someone else, it wouldn't hurt as bad."

"I feel like you're leaving a lot of details out here Y/N-ie..." Joohyun let out a sigh before yawning again. "What guy are you crushing on?" She asked.

"I"m not crushing on anyone! And who says it's a guy?" You immediately defended.

"Right, sorry. Your closet is made of glass." Joohyun snickered, this time, earning a slap from you. "You can come out to me! I won't be mad."

"Unnie, I told you a hundred times." You glared at her. "I'm not gay. I just have no appeal to men whatsoever because they're dumb." You muttered.

"And I'm 170cm." Joohyun rolled her eyes. "But I think you really are leaving out a lot of details in your sleep questions." She frowned. "I think you need to sleep and then we can talk about it tomorrow." She muttered.

You nodded in agreement, deciding maybe you just needed to sleep everything off. Being away was a good thing. Being asleep was even better. But, sleep... Sleep was an elusive creature that didn't entirely like you very much. But you still tried to catch it. At least... What you could of it at least.