Chapter 53 : Lunch under tension

Main Content
Archive of Our Own betaArchive of Our OwnUser NavigationHi, Liam_wifey!PostLog Out

Site NavigationFandomsBrowseSearchAboutSearch Works
Work Search:
tip: austen words:10000-50000 sort:title

Actions
Whole Work ← Previous Chapter Next Chapter → Chapter Index Bookmark Mark for Later Comments Share  Download
Work Header
Rating:
Explicit
Archive Warnings :
Graphic Depictions Of ViolenceRape/Non-Con
Category:
M/M
Fandom:
Harry Potter - JK Rowling
Relationships:
Harry Potter/Tom Riddle | Flight of deathHarry Potter/VoldemortHarry Potter/Tom RiddleSirius Black/Remus LupineLucius Malfoy/Narcissa Black MalfoyRodulphus Lestrange/Bellatrix Black LestrangeRegulus Black/Severus Snape
Characters:
Tom Riddle | Flight of deathHarry PotterMalfoy Family (Harry Potter)Black Family (Harry Potter)Weasley Family (Harry Potter)Longbottom Family (Harry Potter)Death Eater CharactersOrder of the PhoenixSeverus SnapeOriginal CharactersRose Bush FamilyCedric DiggoryRemus LupinSirius BlackFenrir Greyback
Additional Tags:
OmegaverseMpregTop Voldemort (Harry Potter)Sub Harry PotterLight BDSMAlpha VoldemortOmega Harry PotterFluffAlpha/Beta/Omega DynamicsDomestic FluffAlternate Universe - Voldemort WinsOther relationships - FreeformCock WarmingSemi-Public SexObsessive Voldemort (Harry Potter)Mystical CreaturesWerewolves
Language:
French
Stats:
Published:2022-10-17Updated:2023-12-11Words:157,236Chapters:61/?Comments:377Kudos:868Bookmarks:132Hits:34,558
An enterprising omega
DespairQueen
Chapter 53 : Lunch under tension
Notes:
Hello, good evening,
I had a little blockage, the same one that prevented me from continuing with another fic but I ended up making a decision and I will stick to it.
I wondered if I should write the behind the scenes, the actions that the other characters do. Then I remembered the premise from which this story started: to see the world through Voldemort's eyes as much as possible. Also, I won't write the behind the scenes clearly. I'm staying with Voldemort and anyway, he has things to do too.
Happy reading to you, sorry for the mistakes!
See you next time !

Oh and thank you also for the over 700 kudos! You honor me ^^

Chapter Text
Voldemort was beginning to understand what was going on in the mind of his French 'colleague'. And to think that this could have blown up in his face more quickly but until then, apart from the fact that he had not had as much contact as that with Charles Delacour, the King had had little to do with the character of the man. Except that there were changes to everything and now Voldemort was particularly keen to understand and the minister's mental landscape was gradually taking shape before his instigating eyes. A landscape that he recognized without difficulty, the landscape that could come from any politician accustomed to having the power and the support of the people.

Lunch had started, Apolline Delacour was chatting cordially with her omega about her pregnancy. Veela looked happy for him but she also couldn't hide her worry. Even if she didn't know much about her husband's plans, she was aware that it could impact beings not yet born. Voldemort would bet that if it were up to the Minister, they would never see the world. All the more reason for Voldemort himself to be ready for anything.

Because what he read above all in Charles Delacour was jealousy. A jealousy such that it seemed to have a life of its own. Charles Delacour wanted what he had. Not necessarily his omega, but his power, his reign, his immortality, the unwavering loyalty of an entire people. Charles Delacour wanted to be an Emperor. Voldemort was no stranger to a lust for power, his was outweighed by the power he ultimately wielded over his husband in their bed. He had finally achieved the balance which also allowed him to think about having Europe. Not only to establish its authority but to really make it grow.

This was not what he saw in the French minister. The man was still intoxicated with power. Although he loved his wife, she remained above all an object of power in his mind more than a beloved companion. Even his love for his daughter wouldn't stop him from starting the war, Voldemort realized. The wizard had lost himself in his ambitions, which he thought were supported by his Council. Which he seriously doubted.