chapter 1

It's been 19 years since Honey entered the world of The Vampire Diaries and she was enjoying it, even at first when her father started neglecting and treated her like trash after his wife made it clear that she didn't like her.

Which was crazy because Honey didn't ask to be born. She was the product of an affair, an affair that her father took part in. It was weird that she was born from that instead of her getting adopted which meant that maybe her father was always a cheater but for once got caught. Miranda was the one who had basically raised her which resulted in them being close along with Jenna. The two older siblings took care of her and when her older sister met John, she was happy to watch their love grow right before her face. When the two got married, they changed her last name to Gilbert, both of them knowing that she didn't like being called 'Sommers' as she didn't consider herself to be one. Her father and his wife were both pissed at the fact that he last name was changed which none of the sisters understood. They didn't raise her anyway and Miranda made sure that she told them that to there faces, watching as it dawned on them that she was right. So the two tried getting closer to Honey, but it only made her push them away more. If it wasn't for her mother- whom she didn't even know- she doubts that she would have been given a name that was actually thought through by her so called father and his wife. And of course, Honey ended up living with her sister and Grayson.

When Elena came into the picture, it was the worst day of Honey's life as she knew that she'd lose her sister because of that child. And even though she knew that, she still helped take care of Elena. But when Jeremy came into the family, she was beyond happy and excited, she basically rasied him from how much she stole him from his parents.

At the age of 17, Honey graduated high school and was able to move out of the house she shared with her sister and her sister's husband for years. The two were sad to see her go but she wasn't moving far, nor would she stay away from their house. They were beyond proud of her though, she managed high school, three jobs and babysitting like she was a damn pro.

Then the horrid night that Miranda and Grayson dies came. And though a barely 19 year old Honey tried getting Elena to stay her ass home, it didn't. When she heard Miranda on the phone, she was livid. It was suppose to be family night and Elena blew it off with some damn party. Honey asked to be the one to pick up Elena but her sister and Grayson just both kissed her head before leaving the house, telling her that they'd be back later when she knew they wouldn't be. And just like in the show, it happened. The car went over the bridge and only Elena was saved. Honey and Jeremy cried their hearts out together while Jenna went to the hospital to see Elena.

Honey was able to change the way that Grayson and Miranda saw vampires, it was going great. Though it kind of took them awhile for them to get to that point, everything was going great even if they didn't really believe the lie she gave when they asked her how she knew of vampires nor how she knew that they knew.

Now four months later, Honey was still mourning the lost of her sister and the man that became a brother to her, all because of Elena.

It was almost seven in the morning and Honey was laying her bed, laying on her side while facing away from the door to her room. She held her blue blanket up to her nose, her eyes guled onto a photo near her bed that was on her nightstand. It was of her, Miranda, Jenna, Grayson and Jeremy. They all wore bright smiles in the picture with Honey on Grayson's back. Jeremy was snuggled up under his mothers arms while she leans into her husband while Jenna stood on the other side of Grayson, leaning up against the male as if he was a doorframe. That day was a day that Honey would never in her life forget and a small smile filled with pain and longing made it's way onto her lips. She had hated Miranda and Grayson after watching the show, yet here she was grieving for them. They had changed their ways and views on vampires, they were great this time, they were good. They were happy and now they're gone. It wasn't fair and Honey hated how she grew so attached to them but she realized that it a cannon event and had to happen, though it didn't make her feel better about their deaths, it made her stop partly blaming herseld for it. She thought many she didn't beg them enough to let her get Elena instead, she thought she failed by watching Elena and keeping her ass home that night.

Suddenly the door to Honey's room was opened with a soft click which she heard but she didn't move, knowing who it was already. The door was soon closed, a soft click being heard before she felt her bed dip and arms were around her waist, a face being nuzzled into her back gently.

"Morning, Jere. Nightmare?" She says softly to the male laying behind her, on her blanket as he continued nuzzled into her. After the accident, she had moved back into the Gilbert house to help her older sister take care of Elena and Jeremy. "Morning, Rain. And yes, I did infact have a nightmare." The boy hums out as he shuts his eyes tightly, a small yawn slipping past his lips. He loved calling her Rain since many people didn't call her that. "Want to talk about it bub?" Honey asks softly before feeling him shake his head lightly in the negative. "Okay," she hums out. This was how it was since he was old enough to walk. He'd always come to her when he had a nightmare and she'd ask if he wanted to talk about it. If he said yes, then she'd listen to him as he talks about his nightmare while comforting him and she would sometimes make him cookies even if it was in the middle of the night. And if he didn't want to talk, she would not ask about it. She wouldn't question him nor try force him to talk about it to her.

It was one of the reason's why Jeremy perferred Honey over his so called older sister.

"We should get up before Jenna comes up or yells." Honey mumbles softly and Jeremy groans lowly making her laugh ag him. She knew that today was the day that Stefan and Damon show up and she still had alot to do.

**
Comment and vote, not proofread.
There are spelling mistakes, I know.

**
The way I wrote this tired and sleepy as fuck because of these painkillers that also make me tired.

**
when my times comes around, lay gently in the cold dark earth
no grave can hold my body down, i'll crawl home to her