chapter 9

DON'T ASK ME FOR UPDATES!!
***

Today was tiring for Honey as the small cafe had gotten many attention today as it would at times happen due to the good reviews it got. It even had people visiting the small town just to try the sweets and food from the cafe.

And due to the amount of visitors they had gotten today, Honey had to work a bit later than normal which worried her as she didn't get another break to warn Damon. When the day was finished, she had stayed behind to help her boss wash up the dishes, denying any extra money but not denying any leftovers the sweet older woman packed up for her. And as she was drying the glass plates carefully, her boss walks into the kitchen with her hands on her hips and a small smirk on her lips as she eyed her favorite person. "Honey, there's a handsome young man out there waiting for you." She says with a grin on her lips and Honey eyes widen as she tries to go faster. "And he said not to rush." Mrs. Ginny adds which causes Honey to slow down, feeling her cheeks heat up and once again, she was glad to be black. "Who is he?" The older woman asks as she moves closer to Honey, she may be a bit nosey but never her Honey was never one to date or anything. And plus by the way she tried hurrying up, it let Mrs. Ginny know that this man was a little or more than a little important to her.

"Uh, he's just a guy I met yesterday." She mumbles shyly and the woman hums at that. "And you like this guy don't you? I mean he's really handsome and he even helped me clean the cases, sweeped and he's now wiping down the tables. And no ma'am, I didn't even ask him. No matter what I said, he insisted that he helped." Mrs. Ginny says softly, her eyes guled on Honey whose lips twitched upwards at the woman's words. This really was far different from the Damon she watched in the show and like said before, she was very much enjoying this Damon. "Oh, he also carried all your leftovers to the car after I told him that you'd have so much to carry." She adds and Honey looks over at the grinning woman who was twirling her locs innocently when she was very far from it.

They both knew that Honey didn't have much things to carry, the leftovers was the probably the most. Honey gives the woman a look before she turns back to her work. "I don't know why you gave me that look but I just wanted to see if he would have helped lighten your load or not." Mrs. Ginny says with a shrug of her shoulders, making the girl shake her head.

"I'll be back." She says as she leaves the kitchen and Honey's mind went all over place. How in the world had she caught Damon's attention? She was still beyond confused about the fact. And she is more confused by his behaviour. Was he ever like this in the show? Did she miss some season's or did she just forget how said show went? She purses her lips, drying the last plate before she sighs happily as she soon be home and in her bed which she couldn't wait for. "Hello beautiful." She hears, causing her to squeak as she turns to see Damon, smiling at her and fuck, she wasn't used to that. She wasn't used to seeing smile so genuinely and so much. It turned her into mush and made her feel tingly. "Hello handsome, did you miss me?" She asks and a low groan slip pass his lip, making her bite down on her bottom because what was that damn hot? "More than you'd ever know." He sighs out as he moves toward her. "Hey! No fucking in my kitchen!" Mrs. Ginny calls out through laughter making both of the two in the kitchen blush. And once again, she was glad to be black but fuck did she love the blush that spread across Damon's cheeks. She still doesn't think he's ever blush in the show, she was not complaining but still though. "I really like it when you blush." Honey mumbles and her words only made the blush on his cheeks deepen, causing her to laugh softly.

Damon rolls his eyes playfully clearing his throat. "Haha, so funny." He sighs out as she snorts, making his lips twitch up slightly. "OUT!" Mrs. Ginny yells and the two jump in fright from her voice before they both laugh. As always, Honey links her arm with Damon's the they walked out of the kitchen to see Mrs. Ginny just leaning against the wall, a smirk on her lips. "I better not have to sanitize up in there." She hums out at the two, while witching in glee as Damon's cheeks lit up and her favorite employee nibbles on her bottom lip shyly. "I can assure you that you do not have too." Honey mumbles.

After a few minutes, Damon and Honey were walking towards his car as Mrs. Ginny smiles at them. "She's a nice lady." Damon hums out softly as he opens the passenger's seat door for her. "I know," she says with a small laugh as she gets in the car, thanking him which makes him smile. He soon goes over to the drivers side and gets into the car after he closed the door for her. Once inside, he buckles up just like Honey does. He doesn't need too but why not? The raven haired male then starts the car before he started to drive with one hand on the wheel as the other reaches for Honey's hand which she lets him hold as her heart skipped a beat. He grins as her lifts her hand to his lips, pressing a soft kiss against against it and smiles softly when he hears her heart skip a beat. As he drove, Honey kept her eyes on his, taking him in as she did. "You're staring." He says softly, his cheek heating up as he glances her way. "I know." She replies just as softly, not taking her eyes off him. "Why?" Damon asks as he stops at a red light, looking over at her. Their eyes met and Honey shifted in her seat slightly, she wasn't sure if she wanted to wait to kiss him. It didn't feel right waiting for some reason as everything in her was telling her that it was okay to kiss him so soon. That it's meant to be unlike Stefan and Elena are not. "Because you're handsome and well, looking at you bring me a sense of peace and calm." She answers as she rubs her thumb over his finger while his heart nearly drops out of chest. Those were two words he has never in his entire life associated himself with.

Peace and calm. Yet she felt them when she looks at him. "What else?" He asks as he licks his lips, ignoring how his eyes welled up with tears. "Safe." She adds as he takes a deep breathe. He was every and anything but safe. "Honey," he sighs out as he looks down, his eyes looking at their linked hands. God, he didn't want to lose her but he couldn't pretend to be human. He didn't want to keep up acting as if he wasn't a vampire. He's far from being her peace and her calm, he wasn't safe and yet he didn't want to let her go. He'll change himself for her, to be what she needs, to be a better man that she deserves but he can't change what he is. "The light's green," Honey mumbles as she squeezes his hand. She felt as if she knew what he was struggling with and he honestly had nothing to worry about. Damon nods as he starts driving again, his grip on her hand tightening slightly as he kisses it once again, this time his lips lingered for a few seconds.

****
Comment and vote, not proofread.
There are spelling mistakes, I know.

Reminder, these are just books that I've added to my drafts