CH 5

"What flavor is yours?" Dawson asks Liliane, who is sitting next to him on a park bench. It was currently 9:30 pm.

"It's like... pineapple, mango, and some protein powder." Liliane said with a shrug. Dawson hummed.

"Would you like to try it?" Liliane asks. Dawson nods slowly. Liliane hands him the drink, their hands brushing as he grabs it from her. He takes a sip and passes it back.

"That's pretty good. You wanna try mine?" Dawson asks. Liliane nods before she speaks.

"What flavor is it?" Liliane asks as she begins to take a sip. Her eyes brighten at the sweet flavor.

"Strawberry." Dawson says as Liliane drinks the smoothie. She hands the drink back to him and he smiles.

"That's pretty good." Liliane says with a smile. Dawson nods with a big smile.

"Strawberry is my go-to flavor." Dawson says as he looks Liliane in the eyes. She smiles as she looks at him.

"You seem like a strawberry, guy." Liliane said before she took another drink of her smoothie, getting the strawberry taste out of her mouth.

"Really? I've never gotten that before." Dawson says with a hum.

"I mean, people usually don't go around talking about what food people might eat." Liliane says with a laugh. Dawson joins in on her laughter. Their laughter dies down and their conversation ends.

"I think we should head back. I'm getting tired and I don't want to be sleeping on a park bench in the middle of Newark." Liliane slightly jokes. Dawson nods and gets up from the bench, holding his free hand out for Liliane to take. She stands and grabs it, walking next to Dawson all the way to his car.

The drive back to Liliane's apartment was silent, but yet comforting. The two were slowly getting more tired and talking seemed impossible. Liliane just stared out the passenger window as Dawson drove.

...

"I had fun. Thank you." Liliane whispered as she stood infront of her apartment door. Dawson smiled down at her.

"I'm glad you could come." Dawson whispered back. The tension between the two was unbearing to Liliane. She watched as Dawson's eyes flickered to her lips even for the slightest second. Her eyes never left him as he leaned in closer to her. Liliane moved in and pressed their lips together.

The strawberry flavor of Dawson's lips finally left hers after what seemed like hours. In reality, it was 10:00 pm and Dawson and her had only kissed for a few seconds, but even so, she was left breathless.

Dawson's eyes locked on hers as he pulled away from her. Quickly, he leaned back in, tasting the tropical fruit on her lips. Liliane's arms quickly wrapped around his neck. Dawson's hands grabbed at her hips.

The two stood there, making out in the middle of the hallway before Dawson's phone rang. They slowly pulled away from each other.

"Hello?" Dawson answered. Luke spoke gibberish on the other line. He was concerned for Dawson, he'd been out for over an hour and Luke was expecting him home by now.

"I'm on my way back, right now." Dawson said as he pulled the phone away from his ear to hang up and turn his attention back to the girl standing before him with her apartment key in hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Liliane said as she turned around to unlock her door. As she cracked the door open she stopped and turned her head to look over her shoulder at the boy behind her.

"Au revoir, Liliane." Dawson spoke with a grin as he leaned back in and planted a quick kiss on Liliane's lips. Dawson's smile never left his face as he took off down the hallway.

"Bonne nuit, Dawson." Liliane said breathlessly. She watched as he disappeared into the elevator before walking into her apartment and straight to her bed. She let out a laugh as she laid down, hugging a pillow close to her body.

"Oh my gosh."

...

Dawson laid down in his bed, dreaming about the girl he had kissed only minutes before. Luke had asks him what he was so giddy about, he simply responded, her. He kissed her. She kissed him.

Dawson pulled his blanket up to his chin as he settled into his comfortable bed. His smile never disappeared as drifted off into a dreamless sleep.