CH 13

Liliane sat and watched the practice she should have been in on. Stupid injuries. She watched as Dawson skated around with Luke, running through the drills like he's done them for his entire life. Then her eyes landed on Jespers, who's eyes were already on her. She smiled at him and he looked away. Her eyes shifted back to Dawson, who was visibly more upset then last time she looked over.

Tension was in the air for the rest of practice. Dawson and Jesper going at it like they were fighting for something.

...

"Dawson, why won't you talk to me?" Liliane whined. Dawson huffed when he finally looked over at the hurt girl.

"What's going on between you and Jesper?" Dawson asked. Liliane's eyebrow raised.

"Nothing is going on." Liliane responded, her voice stronger than it was before. Dawson scoffed.

"So the whole knight in shining armor deal and the staring at you during practice is nothing?" Dawson asked. He didn't believe her. Why didn't he believe her.

"Like I said, it's nothing to me. I don't know why he's staring at me and you're telling me that if Luke took a big hit you wouldn't fight back? That's all it was. He fought back. You would have done the same if you were on the ice with me." y/n sighed. Dawson didn't know what he was talking about, did he? Dawson didn't respond.

"It's just... different for me. If I fought for you, it would be because you're my girlfriend and you don't deserve to sit out any games. When I think about Jesper fighting for you, I can't help but think he's fighting because he cares about you like I do." Dawson frowns. y/n nods, her head tilting to the side.

"Why don't you just ask him?" Liliane said. Dawson shrugged.

"He wouldn't tell me anyways. He most likely found out we're together and he wouldn't tell me the truth even if he did like you." Dawson said. Liliane nodded, an offer on the tip of her tongue. She wouldn't be leading him on if she just...

"Do you want me to ask?" Liliane said. Dawson's eyes widened.

"What if he gets the wrong idea and thinks you like him too?" Dawson asked quickly. He didn't want anyone else to think his girlfriend was theirs.

"I'll tell him we're together." Liliane shrugged. It wasn't a big deal to her since she could easily turn him down, but Dawson seemed frantic.

"Just let me ask and if anything happens that we don't need I'll talk to Nico." Liliane said, trying to reassure Dawson everything would be okay. He sighed, but then nodded, agreeing with Liliane's offer.

...

JESPER BRATT

do you like me?

wow really straight forward

it's a yes or no question

do you like me?

Jesper, just answer the
question

fine, I do.

well, I don't like you
and I'd appreciate if the
staring and protecting
would stop.

okay.
why don't you like me?

I have a boyfriend. you
know him, too

I do?

me and Dawson are together

oh

so if you could at least
not make your feelings so
obvious it'll make me and
Merc very happy.

yeah, okay.

Liliane sighed. What was it going to be like when they see each other at the game? They're on the same line, what if this messes up their chemistry on the ice? Liliane said and Dawson rounded the corner, sitting next to her on the couch.

"So, how'd it go?" He asked. He slung an arm over Liliane's shoulder and brought her close. Liliane let herself fall into Dawson's chest.

"Well, he did like me and I told him no and to, at least, not make it as obvious. And I told him we're together." Liliane recapped her conversation for Dawson. He hummed in delight.

"What if turning him down so... rudely ruins the chemistry between the line? We're on the same one." Liliane asked. Dawson shrugged.

"If we have to leave our relationship behind when we step onto the ice, Jesper can pull it together and leave behind his feelings for you." Dawson said. Liliane nodded in his chest. If they could do it, he could do it. Liliane pulled away from him to glance into his eyes. She then leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"I'm going to eat something and take a nap. Want to come with?" Liliane asked. Dawson nodded.

"I love eating and I love sleeping next to you, of course I'll come with." Liliane laughed at his excitement. Oh, she was really falling for him.