CH 8

a/n: that feeling when you upload the wrong chapter and you don't notice until a week later

"What about Dawson and Liliane?" Jack says as he walks into the kitchen of his and Luke's apartment. Dawson was sitting at the counter with Luke. Practice was done for the day and Jack had just woken up from an hour-long nap.

"Dawson's in deep with her and he's panicking because he's never been like this with a girl before." Luke sums up the conversation from the last hour. Dawson sighs with his head down.

"You've never been in a relationship before?" Jack asks with a raised eyebrow. Dawson shrugs.

"It's complicated." Dawson whispers. Luke snorts.

"A situationship." Luke coughs. Jack smiles and Dawson's frown increases.

"What's a situationship?" Dawson asks. Jack and Luke look at each other.

"Well, it's like a relationship that's more than a friendship, but less than a committed relationship." Jack explains. Dawson thinks.

"I dated this girl, but she acted like we weren't together even though she asked me to be her boyfriend. Like she'd go on dates and maybe date other people, but I didn't know that until we broke up and everyone started telling me what she was doing. She was telling people we had an open relationship when we didn't. She tried arguing with me about it which was why we broke up." Dawson explained. It wasn't a situationship, not to the definition Jack gave.

"She was flat-out cheating on you. She just tried validating it." Luke blurted. Dawson glared at him.

"I know and because of that I don't know what to do with Liliane. I am not prepared for this." Dawson huffed. Luke shook his head with a smile.

"Just be yourself. Clearly she likes you so why change anything now? She can do things in the relationship. It's not just you." Luke says. Jack nods and he walks out and goes out of the room to lie on the couch.

"Yeah." Dawson lies his head on the counter, the cold feeling spreading through his entire body. Luke walks into the living room with Jack, patting Dawson on the back on his way out.

...

A couple of days later New Jersey is playing against Chicago, in Chicago. Liliane was putting on her gear and lastly her jersey. Dawson didn't take his eyes off of her as he put on his gear and his jersey.

"Right jerseys this time, good job." Jack snorts. Liliane rolls her eyes and turns to Dawson.

"Do good out there." She smiles before walking out of the locker room.