CH 6

PIERRE BLANC

il m'a embrassé

j'ai l'impression que tu
aurais dû t'y attendre. les
amis ne demandent pas
à leurs amis de sortir
à (presque) minuit

pour être honnête, je ne
pensais pas qu'il m'aimait
comme ça. il agit comme
il le fait avec tout le monde

il embrasse tout le monde?

je ne le pensais pas
comme cet idiot

Liliane smiled at her phone as she recalled the memory of the boy. Commotion around her started as players flooded the locker room.

"Hey, beautiful." Dawson greets with a kiss to her cheek. Liliane's eyes sparkle as she sees the boy she was just daydreaming about.

"Hey, ma lumière." Liliane smiled. Dawson's head tilted at the name, not understanding what she was saying.

"It means, my light. You remind me of the sun, since you're so bright all the time." Liliane tells. She blushes as she explains why he's her light. Dawson's eyes brighten so much they practically do shine.

"Aw, that's so cute!" Dawson exclaims and walks over to Liliane and wraps her in a tight hug. She barries her head in the crook of Dawson's neck. Players around them watch their hug and quickly turn back to their own conversations.

"Are you guys together?" A voice from behind Liliane asks. Dawson was the first to see who spoke. Luke stood there with a confused expression. Dawson and Liliane glance at each other.

"Yeah." Dawson beamed. Liliane smiled at the boy, glad he was the one to respond for them. Sure, they never talked about if they were dating, but she wanted to date him, so she wasn't going to protest his answer.

"You guys have known each other for quite literally a month. Dawson, you probably don't even know if she has any siblings." Luke said. He had a vailad point, but yet again, Liliane believed in love at first sight, and apparently so did Dawson.

"Actually, she has no siblings." Dawson said, interrupting Luke to prove him wrong. Luke rolls his eyes.

"Liliane, what's Dawson's mom's name?" Luke asks, trying to prove his point that the pair don't know each other enough.

"Charlotte." Liliane responds without thinking. She was right, but it wasn't because Dawson told her. She had googled him when she first joined the team.

"How did you know that?" Luke asked. Liliane shrugged and Dawson suddenly became nervous.

"Me and Dawson played 21 questions the other night." Liliane responds casually. Dawson lets out a sigh that might have been too loud, seeing the way that Liliane glance at him.

"Luke, just drop it. Just because you think were in the wrong doesn't mean you have to try and prove it." Dawson said to his friend. Liliane nodded in agreement. Luke shrugged and continued undressing from his hockey gear.

"Well, he's a tueur de bonheur." Liliane mutters to herself. She recently thought Luke was chill without a care in the world, but maybe she was wrong. She understood that he was just trying to look out for them, though.

"So, playing your first game tomorrow, you excited?" Dawson asked, taking Liliane's mind off the boy next to her. Her smiled beamed as she thought about the future.

"I'm so excited, Daws, you don't even know." Liliane responded with her smile never wavering.

"We should celebrate." Dawson said. It was more of a statement than an offer, but Liliane said yes.

"You should come over. We can watch a movie together." Liliane offered. Dawson nodded.

"I'll go home first so I can shower, then I'll head over." Dawson said as he smiled at his girlfriend. Liliane nodded as she finished stuffing her things into her locker.

"I'll see you then, yeah?" Liliane said as began to walk out of the locker room. Dawson nods and Liliane walks away.