CH 11

Nico walked up to Liliane in the mostly empty locker room. Her eyes turned to him as she heard him approaching.

"Hey Nico." Liliane smiled. Nico smiled back, but then it dropped back into his usual not-smile-not-frown.

"Hey Liliane, there's something we need to talk about." Nico said. The girl nodded and followed Nico to a room connected to the locker room with no one in it. He closed the door behind them.

"So, what's this about?" Liliane asked as she sat down, Nico sitting next to her.

"Well, I've been hearing from people on the team that you have a relationship with Dawson. I'm not saying that's against the rules, but you really need to think about this. If you two fall out of whatever is going on-"

"He's my boyfriend." Liliane interrupts. Nico nods, but then continues.

"If you guys break up later on in the season it could ruin connections between lines. I just would like if you guys could switch gears when you step into this building. Go from dating to teammates and nothing more in this locker room and rink." Nico says. Liliane nods.

"First, we aren't breaking up any time soon. Second, we can do that. I'll relay this to Dawson." Liliane says and she begins to stand up. This conversation pissed her off.

"And I've been told about less recent connections between you and a teammate. On Montréal, I mean." Nico says. Liliane resists the urge to roll her eyes.

"You're talking about Pierre, aren't you? We're only close friends, nothing else. I don't know who you heard that from, but they're wrong." Liliane says before quickly walking out of the room, leaving Nico by himself.

...

DAWSON MERCER

i heard you left nico
in the dust today

he said to leave our relationship
out of the hockey world. like the
second we step into the rink
we r no longer together, we r
teammates only.

damn no after practice smooches
:'(

and someone said i had
a romantic relationship
with pierre.

did you?

nope. only friends.
do you think someone complained
about us dating?

the only person that knows
about us that is unsure is
Luke and he'd never do something
like this to us

maybe it was just nico