Chapter Four

We rushed at my destination. Finding the school wasn't difficult, though I've never been there before. The school was like most other things.

For me, school was solid. I like it, even though I don't fit in anywhere. I feel comfortable there, if the weird eyes aren't watching me. I look forward to each day, but I couldn't go most days for all the chaos happening in the house where I lived in San Jose. I didn't even wanted to call it home, because it wasn't one. But here I am now, finally free and can go anywhere I want to. The school, it was not obvious that it was a school, only the sign, which declared the school name. It looked like a collection of matching houses, build with grey colored bricks. There were so many trees and shrubs, I liked it but I couldn't see it's size at first. It kinda looked like a school and it kinda didn't. I wondered nostalgically. Coming here, to LA, was my life long dream. But I didn't though the school would turn out to be like this.

Whatever, I go in front of the building door, took a deep breath and opened it. Inside it was brightly lit and warmer than I hoped after what I saw outside. The office was small; a small waiting area with folding chairs, grey flecked commercial carpet, notices and the awards cluttering the wall of a showcase. A big clock ticking loudly above it. Plants grew everywhere in large plastic pots and that's the first thing that I liked about this school. As I'm wondering, I heard a voice coming from behind me. I turn around and saw two girls, one blonde, one brunette, tall, pretty girls. There skin were tan and perfectly shaped. Looked like they were in cheerleading. I was really nervous and was literally sweating under my clothes. I could feel it slowly dripping through all over my body. The expressions in their faces were confusing. It looked like they wanted to talk but they were also faking about something.
"You're Christina, right?" said the blonde haired well-heighted girl.
"It's just Kris," I corrected. Everyone near us looked at me with a strange look in their faces.
"Oh. Sorry, my mistake."
"It's alright, " – before I could finish, the brunette girl interrupted.
"You're new here?"
"Yeah. I just moved here"
"Well, I'm Clare," said the blonde girl, "and this is Rachel" pointing to the brunette girl.
"What's your next class?" asked Rachel.
"Biology in building four"
"Oh, great! We were headed there too. You can come with us. We'll show you around."
"Thank you."