8. Homework in the Common Room

You rest your head on the solid mahogany with a groan. You're sitting at a table in the common room, quill in hand, with your half-finished History of Magic paper laying in front of you. You always hated history, even when you were in muggle primary school.

You sigh, seriously considering investing in a quill that can write your paper for you no matter what the consequences might be, and pick your head up off your scroll. Snickers echo softly around the den-like room, and you look around, only to find a group of first and second years looking at you.

Your hand flies instinctively to your forehead, and you take it away and see that it's covered in black ink from your paper. With a small gasp, you look down at the scroll in front of you and see that half of the words are smudged.

You're on the verge of tears when someone sits in the seat across from you, and passes a scroll your way without a word. You see the name and title at the top of it. Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, a Rough History of Magic in Western Asia.

Your head whips up to see the thin blond boy not looking at you, but studying his transfiguration textbook. Gratitude rushes through you, and you think you might cry again, but not from shame. Thank you, Scorpius Hyperion.

You wipe the ink off your forehead with the sleeve of your robe and mutter a quick spell to clean the smudged ink off your paper, as well. With that, you set to work, looking at Scorpius' paper for the things you forgot.

After a few minutes of this, you hear a fist hit the table and see your ink pot jump. You look up, and see Scorpius with his head in his long-fingered hands above his transfiguration book.

Your heart goes out to him, and you dig in your bookbag for your transfiguration notes. When you find them, you pass them to him under the table. He looks up at you, but you look back down at your paper, just like he did.

He kicks your foot gently in non-verbal thanks, and you smile, because it's as if you can feel his smile through his perfectly polished leather shoe.

**A/N**
This started a sort of tradition with y/n and Scorpius, with y'all copying each others homework in the common room just about every night