17. Studies, Stress, and Sneaking Out ~Part 2~

**A/N**
Y/n and Scorpius go and mess with supplies and generally roam the castle for a few nights, and they feel VeryCoolAndRebelious™. They've just gone out to put harmless firework-things in Filtch's closet (yes, he's still here BECAUSE I SAID SO) when this happened...

Text
"What was that?!" You jump as Scorpius hisses in your ear.

"What?" You say, whipping your head around, trying to find the source of his distress. "I didn't hear anything." He shivers slightly, his pale face going even paler.

"Come on, Y/n, let's get out of here."

"Hold on," you say, "I think I've almost—"

"Hey!" You spin around, and Scorpius squeaks in terror beside you. The blood drains from your face. It's Filtch! "What are you brats doing in my closet?" You and Scorpius look at each other.

"RUUUUUUUUN!" You both yell at the same time, and take off for the Slytherin common room.

"Take some wrong turns," Scorpius yells to you, "so he doesn't know—"

"Got it!" You yell back, looking behind you to see that Filtch is falling behind. Just to be safe, you take a roundabout way to the common room, and neither of you stop running. Finally you see the door!

As you're going into the door, your foot catches on the frame, and you tumble to the ground, landing squarely on your back. You hear a gasp, and Scorpius trips as well, landing face down on top of you.

You sit there for a moment, panting, staring into his blue-grey orbs, his lips millimetres from yours. You can taste his breath; the taste of cinnamon and sage takes you somewhat aback, and your breath hitches. You lay there under him, stunned.

After a moment, you manage to whisper, "S-Scorpius... can you get off please? You're sort of... sort of squishing me." You don't really want him to, but he is actually leaning quite heavily on your hip.

His eyes stare blankly into yours for a moment, and then his pale face blushes beet red.

"O-oh of course. Right." he stammers, and rolls off of you. You both lay on the ground, stunned and panting.

I can't believe that just happened, you think. We... it... a laugh escapes your lips. You're being ridiculous, you and Scorpius are just friends, friends who almost got caught pulling one of the biggest pranks you had planned.

You laugh again, unable to stop, and after a second, Scorpius joins you. Soon you're both rolling around on the ground, engulfed in torrents of laughter.

"Y/n?" Scorpius says, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Yes, Scorpius?" You say, sitting up.

"Let's NEVER do that again!"