24. A Summer with the Malfoys

"I can't wait for this summer," you say, sitting down next to Cayla on the Hogwarts Express. "It's going to be a blast!"

"You're going to the Malfoys' place for the summer while your mum visits family, right, Y/n?" Cayla asks, settling in. Scorpius files into the compartment and sits across from you.

"That's right," Scorpius says with a small grin, "poor Y/n's going to have to put up with us for a full six weeks." you smile back at Scorpius even as your stomach does a pleasant little roll inside you.

"Oh, I don't mind," you say with a small laugh, "I just hope all of you can put up with me! " Scorpius laughs and your eyes meet for a little too long. Scorpius coughs slightly and puts his head down, a small blush covering his cheeks. Cayla rolls her eyes facetiously.

"Should I leave you two alone for a minute?" you laugh to cover your own blush, and are relieved to see that Scorpius is laughing too.

"Th-that won't be necessary, Spence," says Scorpius good-humouredly, "but thank you."

"Just checking, Malfoy," Cayla says, glancing between you and Scorpius with a mischievous grin.

After a few hours—and some sweets from the trolley—the train slowly pulls into the station. You bounce slightly in your seat until the hiss of the breaks signals that it's time to disembark. You, Cayla, and Scorpius jump out of your seats and rush out into the hallway and onto Platform 9¾.

"Mum!" you yell as soon as you see her standing with the Malfoy's on the platform, and jump into her arms.

"Y/n!" she laughs, hugging you closely to her. "I'm going to miss you, my dear." she whispers into your hair.

"Me too, mum." you whisper back, eyes closed, trying to soak in as much of her as you can before you leave.

"Alright," she says, pulling away and holding your shoulders, her eyes looking into yours. "You be good for Draco and Astoria now, you hear me? No sneaking off, no causing trouble, and no mouthing off, alright?" Her words are straightforward but gentle, and there's a playful smile on her face. You feel a smile bloom again on your own face as you nod.

"I will mum, don't worry."

"I know you will, Y/n." she holds you at arm's length for another second, then gives you another last minute hug. "I love you, my darling girl."

"I love you too, my wonderful mother." with that, you pull away, and share one more smile before going over to where the Malfoys are standing. Mrs. Malfoy smiles over at you from next to Scorpius (who you notice is a full head taller than her now) but Mr. Malfoy is nowhere to be seen.

"Are you all set to go, dear? Draco's got the car waiting out front." you smile at the kind woman, and then over to her son, who meets you with a smile of his own, and then a small blush as he looks down. Your smile widens into a small grin and you look back over to Astoria Malfoy.

"Yes, thank you," you say, and follow them out to the car, ready to start your summer with the Malfoys.