13. To Break a Record

You're just making your way to the great hall for the end of year feast, chatting with Cayla, when you come upon a crowd of people, arguing with someone. As you get closer, you see that everyone in the crowd is either in Slytherin or Ravenclaw.

"Come on," says a voice from the crowd, "can't you let us see this one time?"

"I'm afraid not," says the smiling voice of Prof Weston, who's standing in front of what is usually the house points counters, but is now covered in a sheet. "You know the rules," he continues, "the final scores will be announced at the end of the feast." The crowd disperses, grumbling.

"I hope Ravenclaw doesn't win again," says Cayla, "they've been getting cocky lately and it's getting on my nerves."

You laugh, and say, "Well, we've given them a run for their money on the quidditch field, at least! Slytherin has been undefeated!"

"I hope that counts for something," says a voice from behind you, and you stiffen instinctively as Hyacinth Parkinson walks up beside you and Cayla. "We need to win the House Cup this year."

"Parkinson," you nod through gritted teeth.

As you three enter the great hall, you catch Scorpius' eye from the Slytherin table, and he smiles. You return the smile, and go over and sit next to him. Hyacinth sits across from you, and the headmistress, Prof McGonagall, stands to begin her speech. You listen intently, though rather impatiently, for the conclusion of the speech when she'll reveal the winner of the house cup.

Just when you're about to bounce out of your seat with anticipation, Prof McGonagall says, "Now I know what you've all been waiting for; the results of the house cup." out of the corner of your eye you see Hyacinth lean forward a bit. "As you all know," she continues, "Ravenclaw has won the house cup three years in a row. The amount of points per house and their rankings are as follows: Gryffendor in last with 345 points, and Hufflepuff in third with 415. The top competitors were neck and neck for the finish, but coming in second with 530 points is—" you and Scorpius join Hyacinth in leaning towards the headmistress, waiting, hoping.

"In second place," she says, "is... Ravenclaw," whatever she says next was drowned out by the whoops and cheers coming from the green and silver table, as you join your entire house in jumping around and screaming your lungs out! Even Scorpius is excited, though he seems too embarrassed to jump around with all the others. Instead he does something better, wrapping his arms around you in a giant, spindly bear hug. Your yells cut off in a surprised yelp, and you can feel the blood rushing to your face as he pulls away.

"Sorry," he says hastily, a blush covering his normally pale cheek. "I-I should've asked but I just—"

"No!" you say quickly, squeezing his hand with a laugh, "It's time to celebrate, not apologise!"

"Actually," you turn quickly, and see Hyacinth behind you. Her eyes are on the floor. "I would like to apologise, if you'll let me." she looks up at Scorpius, and he gives her a small nod and a smile. "I'm sorry I was such a git, I-I guess I was just trying to impress you. Can... can you forgive me?" she looks up at you now, and your stony gaze softens.

I'd want her to do the same for me, you think, and anyway, we've just won the House Cup! "I forgive you," you say.

"Oh good," Hyacinth says with relief, "I was afraid I'd have to eat this feast with an upset stomach!" The three of you laugh, and Hyacinth joins you and Scorpius, and you all dig in to the feast that just appeared in front of you, still giddy from winning the House Cup.

As you're making your way down to your dorms—bellies full, and hearts light—you take in your surroundings. Everyone's joking and laughing, and even the dim dungeons look cheery tonight. This, you think, has been the best first year ever!

**A/N**
Heyo. I accidentally got invested in the story. Whoops. Suffice it to say, I have now planned content for all 8 years of their school, and am taking a break temporarily to focus on MY school lol. To the one reader I have; thanks for sticking with this lol. Be back in a bit.