20. An Unhappy Reunion ~PART 1~

"Here we are," your mum says, "home sweet home. For the next few days, at least." you get out of the car, and step towards the Air BnB you convinced your mum to rent before the school year, your heart thrumming with excitement. She doesn't know your plan, no-one does— no one but him.

"Hey, mum," you say quickly, before she can even get out of the car. "I have... I have a surprise I want to show you, could you wait in the car while I get it set up?" your mum looks slightly suspicious, but she smiles.

"Sure, Y/n," she says, ruffling your hair affectionately. "Go on ahead. Call me in when you're ready!"

"Thanks, mum!" you say, give your mum a quick peck on the cheek, and run inside. As soon as you enter, you close the door hurriedly behind you.

"Y/n!" you whip around in time for Scorpius to wrap you in a bear-hug. You smile into his chest and hug him back. So far exactly according to plan. Finally he lets go.

"Where's your dad?" you ask immediately.

"In the car," he says, still grinning ear-to-ear. "I told him I had a surprise to show him." you grin as well. You and Scorpius have been planning this 'surprise' for your parents for weeks, writing letter after letter, double-booking the Air BnB, and biding your time.

"Well then, let's get to it!" you say. Scorpius grins even wider, and the two of you head off into different rooms. You observe the room you're in. There's nothing in it but a bed, a nightstand, and a closet. You walk over to the closet and open the door. You stare right into Scorpius' smiling face. The closet is shared by both rooms. Perfect.

"Alright," you say with a smile, "ready?" Scorpius nods, almost gravely but for his smile. "Okay then," you say, let's do this."

~-----------------------------------~

"Come on, mum!" you say, practically dragging your mum into the room. You know Scorpius is already in place on the other side of the wall. "And keep your eyes shut!"

"Alright, Y/n," your mum chuckles, letting you lead her by the hand. "Can I at least have my wand back?"

"Sorry, mum," you say with a laugh, "you can't have it for the surprise!" Before your mum can think about that too hard, you open the closet, and shove her in. From the other room, you see Scorpius push his dad in as well.

"Wha—" your mum begins, but you and Scorpius slam the doors of the closet, and lock them from the outside.

Scorpius runs into your room, and you both grin at each other. It's no secret your parents dislike each other, but now they'll have no choice but to settle their differences.

This was a good plan.