Young Love

On the old farm in eastern Tennessee, lived a small family. A girl no older then seven with light brown hair with a tint of red and big hazel eyes. She had a pale complexion and little dimples the appeared when she smiled. Her brother Rafe was young boy around ten, he was tall and had a dusty blonde head of hair and hazel eyes like his mama. Their days were nothing short of perfect. The house was a one story and wood sided. It was nothing big, but it was cozy. Outside fields and fields of wheat and corn lay. When the sun set and the beautiful golden rays reflected off the billowing yellow crops. It created a golden reflection all over, it was magical.

———————

Charlise Rose

August 5th,  1828

      Daddy owned a crop plane that had its place in the garage, it was his prized position ever since he bought it off of Mr. DuLevy couple years ago. Across the corn feilds a small wood house lay, that was the house Of Daniel Walker. He and my brother Rafe became fast friends, always getting into trouble. Rafe and Danny were practically inseparable, even when Rafe got in trouble Danny was their beside him even if he did nothing wrong.

      I always wanted to play with 'em, play their imaginary games of war, or go exploring in the creek. Rafe never really let me go,

" Charlise, you can't play with us, now go on and find Mama." he would say. I would get angery at my toad head brother, he was always so bossy. Danny though, he would give me a little smirk,

" cmon now Rafe, she can play with us." He would say grabbing my hand. His hands were always so soft even after all that work he did in the garage. I really did like it when he held my hand.

" oh alright. You can play Lisa." Rafe would say defiantly. I gave Danny a smile, he was always stickin' up for me. Danny rarely ever went against what Rafe said, but he would always be fighting for me.

    " Let's play war, okay?" Rafe said as he pretended to load up his fake gun with bullets. Danny too grabbed one of my dads tools and pretended to be a soldier going off to war. He ran behind the barn with Rafe. I grabbed a tool and followed him, " No Lisa your the enemy." He said pretending to shoot her. Danny ran around me laughing as I put in my best acting skills, pretending to be shot. The boys laughed and laughed.

" Lisa Rose!" a strict voice called from the adjacent house.

" Lisa Rose, your getting your dress all sorts of dirty in that mud. Get inside now!" My mother called. I sighed as I began to get up, Danny offered me his hand as he hoisted up onto my feet.

" Sorry for getting you in trouble Charlie." Danny said still holding her hand. Danny was the only person who called her Charlie, she didn't know why he did it anyway. Mama had told her that it was a boys name, but Charlise loved it especially when it came from Dannys soft southern accent.

" It's ok, I'd rather be playing with y'all then be inside that house anyway." I said smiling.

" Want me to walk you to the door?" He asked politely. Danny was a gentleman though and through. Ever since the day I met him he was always so soft spoken and kind. He parents loved him too. Took him in as one of their own.

" Nah I'll be alright, just go play with Rafe." She said dusting off her dress. He gave her a curt nod and a smile before running off to Rafe who was examining my fathers plane.

     I trudged my way back to the front porch, slowly climbing the steps to meet my mothers glare.

" What did I tell you bout getting your dress dirty Charlise Rose."

" I just wanted to play with Rafe and Danny mama." I said looking at the floor.

" Oh alright, now go get washed up, then you can help me make supper." She said pinching my cheek.

" yes, mama." I said scurrying inside to the washroom. I quickly cleaned all the dust and dirt off me before making my way back into the kitchen. I peered out the window to a horrifying sight.

" Mama look!" I yelled as she quickly looked out the window with me.

" Those darn boys, papa will have their heads." She said running to the front door. Rafe and Danny had somehow in someway started Daddy's plane. They were flying, actually flying. She could see the soft reflection of their faces through the window. They were smiling and laughing, they had never looked happier.

" Rafe always said he wanted to be a pilot." She said pulling on her no there apron.

" I don't even know if daddy will let him leave the house after this." Mama said jokingly crossing her arms.

" Those boys I tell you, their going to stay together forever." She said pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

" I'll be with em too. Make sure they don't get in too much trouble." I said looking out into corn field as the plane landed.

———————————

Authors note:

Sorry kinda short chapter but it's kind of a backstory for the characters. I hope y'all love Danny! I'm going to have more backstory to come and even some romance!!!