Your Jacket

July 4th, 1934

July 4th, 1934

———————-
Danny Walker

       The night had been somewhat average so far. Danny had helped Mrs. McCawley set up her baked goods stand and then him and Rafe walked around the fair. Rafe would always stop to talk to any girls that passed us. He would make bets with them, and he would win prizes for them at the game stands. Danny wasn't really interested in  any of those girls anyway. Thought the night he was always scanning the crowd for a fimiliar brown eyed face. Danny didn't know why, but he felt like he needed to see her, be by her side the entire night. He wanted to go on the Ferris wheel with her, win her a big prize, he wanted for them to share a strawberry milkshake at the diner, maybe even hold her hand.

      While Rafe had taken a short red head on the Ferris Wheel, Danny was waiting at a nearby picknick table waiting for his return when he suddenly felt someone take the seat next to him. He quickly turned his head and saw Charlise, who had had head propped up on her hands, smiling at him.

" I didn't want you sittin' alone." She said scooting closer to Danny's warm body. His soft eyes seemed to melt as he looked at her, his eyebrows softened as he let out a little laugh shaking his head.

" Nah, you just missed me. How's your night goin?" He asked laughing

" I'm having a wonderful time actually, Mabel and I won some games. Billy Thomas from school is here to ya know." She said giving him a soft smile. At the mention of Billy's name, Danny tensed up. Billy had been itchin to go steady with Charlise for years now. Charlise would always turn him down, saying that she liked him as a friend. But that didn't stop Billy from shoving himself at her any chance he got.

" Is bothin' you? Cause I can go make him stop comin' around." Danny said glaring around trying to spot Billy. Charlise lightly placed her hand on Danny's shoulder.

" No, if it gets to that point I'll tell him myself, but I know you always have my back." She said smiling warmly at him. As if to break the awkward tension, she quickly changed the subject to something more comfortable. Taking her hand off his muscular arm.

" Where's Rafe?" she asked. Danny shook his head and pointed up towards the Ferris Wheel.

" Already taken bout three girls in that ride tonight." Danny said laughing. Charlise smiled at him, admiring his features while he wasn't looking. His skin was so perfect and brushed with a perfect sun kissed tan. His eyes were so sweet, and his lips looked so soft.

" How bout' you, have you not taken any girls on the Ferris Wheel tonight." She said inching herself a little closer to him. She genuinely wanted to know, if he took any lucky girls with him. Charlise hoped he would say no.