Wool to Brave the Seasons - Part One

This is a three part fluffy, cheesy, and funny winter themed story! The smut won't come until the third part, which I aim to publish on or before Christmas Day. I'm adding it here as it's Jonerys and will be explicitly smutty! Lots of tension, romantic gestures. Basically, a Hallmark Rom-Com, fanfic version.

A sudden blizzard cancels Dany's Holiday plans. Lucky for her, her handsome neighbor is also spending Christmas alone. A string of bad luck soon follows the snowstorm, leaving her with no choice but to take Jon Snow up on his offer to wait it out at his place.
~*~

~*~
It's coming down, no sound, it's all around
~*~

Dany

The scene outside her window had become a snow globe, as if some tremendous invisible hand picked up the world and, with the giddiness of a child, shaken everything up to watch the feathery flakes swirl and blanket the earth in sheets of glittering white.

Daenerys watched the blizzard from the safety of her apartment, knowing she would have no chance of making it to Missy's for Christmas. Blustery winds sprayed snow in all directions, drifts taller than she had built up while she slept, and her heart sank at the thought of spending the Holiday alone.

Her breath fogged the windowpane as she squinted into the storm. Someone was out there. She shook her head, shivering as even inside her hands were cold, and observed the figure approaching the entrance to her apartment block.

It wasn't until she spied the bright red eyes beside the man that she realized it was her grumpy neighbor. He would always be alone. Despite her many attempts to start a conversation, he acknowledged her greetings and never paused to chat for longer than a few seconds.

The man never outright ignored her or acted rudely; he didn't seem to enjoy small talk, but he often took in her packages when she was gone or took her trash can out on trash day when she forgot, which was nearly every time. He would buzz her in when she forgot her key to the main door and never complained either, but that would require him to say more than a simple hello or nod in recognition.

It didn't hurt that he was pretty to look at, all pale skin, dark eyes, and hair, shorter than her ex's and most likely younger, too. The few words he gifted her in that roughened accent stuck in her memory because of their rarity, and she often tried to pull more from him, a futile endeavor mainly.

Still, occasionally, he would ask if she needed help with her shopping if he caught her coming back from the city. Her eyes widened as his gaze swung to her window. All she could make out were black eyes and a strip of pale skin. He was bundled up so thoroughly, and she admired his care for his pet because she would never have walked the gorgeous beast in that weather.

Her heart kicked up as he lifted a gloved hand in greeting, automatically returning it with a small smile as he vanished inside the building. His flat lay beside hers, and she wondered if the blizzard had also scuppered his holiday plans. The unforeseen storm had canceled all flights, trains, and other out-of-town options.

Unable to ignore the disappointment settling in her, she wrapped her cardigan tighter around herself and slid into her armchair, picking up her phone to read her friend's and family's responses to her bad news. Her friends were more upset than her brother and mom. They were jetting off East as was custom and wouldn't have time to miss her. Viserys promised to turn her green with envy when he returned with stories from the beach and nightlife she dearly missed. Missy's outrage and promise to come dig her out herself made her giggle as she told her dearest friend to enjoy herself and that she would see her as soon as possible.