Chapter 8

Our Team Mario is still in the meeting. They just talked about their next plans. "So, we're going to Nimbus Land, look for a piece of the star rod and ask Prince Nimbus for his support right after?", asked Peasley, to make sure he got that right.

"That's the plan!", exclaimed Daisy with pride. From her point of view, she was never someone who made well-thought plans. The current situation is more serious than expected, however.

"Well... Shouldn't we go, then?", asked Luigi and pointed with his thumb at the direction behind him, where the castle gate was.

"Yeah, we really should.", answered Daisy. She took Luigi's hand and led the group out of the castle. The team was starting to have a conversation along the way, though Luigi was not taking a part in it. He thought about his dream from last night. Who was that guy who looked like him, exactly?

'Hey, you doofus!'

Luigi looked hectically around himself, but there was no one except for his friends. Mario turned to look at Luigi with a confused face. "Everything okay, bro?", asked Mario. Luigi nodded with his head slowly, feeling unsure.

"Yeah.. I just thought, I heard something...", he said. Mario just shrugged with his shoulders as answer and turned around again to look at Peach with a dreamy glance as she proceeded to speak with him.

'I'm getting weird dreams and now I'm hearing voices in my head?!', Luigi thought to himself and held his green cap so firmly that it was pulled down, making his face unrecognizable.

-------

Meanwhile, high up in the sky:

-------

Up in the sky was a floating, glowing orb who was a star spirit. An other sort of its species who was actually formed like a star, floated in front of it. The star-formed star spirit had a grey mustache and grey eyebrows. He looked at the orb-formed star spirit with his black but still glowing eyes.

They exchanged a few words in a language that's unable for humans to speak. The orb started floating away, it's sparkles shimmering as it did.

-------

Back to Team Mario:

------

The team is almost at the border of Sarasaland. The team has just talked about their next plan. "We will be going to Nimbus Castle with Luigi, Daisy and Peasley looking for the piece of the star rod.", explained Peach. She turned to look at Daidy, Peasley and Luigi. "Are you fine with that?"

The trio nodded, feeling determined, even though Luigi was sceptical which nobody noticed. "Of course! I'm so delighted to spend some time with my cousin and Luigi!", said Peasley and winked at Luigi as he flipped his blonde hair. The green prince received a sceptical glance from Mario as Luigi's blood shot into his cheeks, making him feel as warm as a fire flower.

"Well, see ya later!", shouted Daisy and went with Luigi and Peasley to look for the piece of the star rod. Mario and Peach went away as well. They were finally alone. Mario turned to look at Peach.

"Hey, Peach?", started Mario. He was a little bit red in the face and nervous at that. He fiddled with his white gloved.

"Yes?", asked Peach as she turned to look at Mario.

"I want to tell you something... I'm-", Mario wanted to say, but he was interrupted by a bright light which was blinding him, making him lose his focus on the conversation. The white-yellow light came from above.