Chapter Seven: Royalty

Song - Lonely King - CG5

Music Terminal on YouTube!

The group had been standing is shock and cherished the view of the beautiful, well nourished kingdom that looked as though it had stood there for years, watching the blue flashes of Eliatropes for a solid five minutes. It is then Evangeline realized how foolish they must have looked. 

"What are we doing?" She sighed, shaking her head. "It looks great, but we can't just stand here awe-struck forever." The group nodded and mumbled in agreement.

"She's right," Amalia spoke up. "We should keep going, it's still a little distance away. We can just see it because of how big the forest is." And so the group forged their way forward, following Evangeline's lead. 

After a little time, possibly twenty to thirty minutes, the group arrived at the border of the forest. Looking down, Amalia saw the abrupt change from sterile sand to fertile grass. The Princess took a breath and stepped onto the soft grass, continuing forward through the forest. Within a moment, the group was surrounded by lush trees and flora. Looking up, behind the swaying branches and leaves, small wooden houses could be seen with wooden steps imbedded into the tree leading up to an empty doorway. There were many of these small tree-houses littered across the forest. Occasionally, a member of the group would spot a quick blue flash, or a quick moving figure in the corner of their eye.

 It was as though they were constantly being watched. Although, peering straight up, one could see a swarm of Eliatropes travelling in hyper speed in different directions. Despite this, not a single Eliatrope could be seen in full, physical form. That was, until a small figure with a puffy yellow skirt and a short matching top with a button tied on the top, similar to Yugo's old one crossed in front of the group. Her hat was a matching colour, but the "ears" were awkwardly pinned down to opposite sides. 

The Eliatrope girl had caused the group to freeze and stare. The girl was carrying a wooden basket, when she turned and saw the group. A look of fear and surprise flashed on her face, she quickly used a portal to teleport herself somewhere else, the sound of her portals fading and mixing into the distant sound of the swarm above them.

"No wait!" Eva shouted, but she was already gone. Following a sigh, she turned and looked at Amalia. "Oh well." Amalia shrugged in response.

"I guess we just go deeper into the forest?" Amalia suggested. Eva nodded, and the seven kept moving forward, the forest still looking the same as it did before, just more compact. As the group pushed through a thick bramble, a tree equal to that of the Sadida palace came into view. Glaring up, Amalia let a small gasp escape her voice. 

"Hello, friends." A calm voice uttered clearly from behind the group. Amalia whipped around to find a familiar figure standing behind them. The only one they had met in Inglorium.

"Nora?" Eva recalled. Nora nodded.

"I thought I sensed a new wakfu." The Eliatrope joked, leaning forward with a hand on her hip. "Come on, don't stand stare forever." She turned and waved her hand over her shoulder.

The group followed Nora into what could easily be assumed as the palace, the walls decorated with murals of Eliatrope history. Vines crawled down the walls, as if the palace was so ancient overgrowth had begun. Unexpectedly, the sound of quick small feet echoed down the hall, Nora paused, but it was obvious she was smiling beneath her mask. A familiar white-haired boy rushed down the hall, pausing right in front of the group with a wide grin. 

"Chibi!" Evangeline smiled at the all too familiar nine-year-old.

"Hi!" He straightened his back, still grinning. The boy raised his arm and pointed down the hall, "The throne room is this way! Follow me!" He rushed away from the group, nearly too fast to follow. Nora chuckled.

"Just this way." She calmly stated, continuing the walk. Amalia fiddled with her thumbs, Eva resting a comforting hand on her shoulder. Soon, they came to two large doors, Chibi hopping in excitement in front of them, before Nora shooed him off. Nora raised her arms and pushed the doors open. The group entered the room, it was very large, as expected. There were what looked like a mix between portals and stained-glass barricading the room, guarded by the branches and roots of the tree the palace was built off of. The room was so natural, but looked like nothing the Sadida's ever had. A large set of stairs led up to an empty throne, with what looked like a mechanical pair of dragon wings guarding the back. Six spots upon the throne glow a bright blue, following small details. The room was empty, except for the group and Nora. "I will be right back, don't go anywhere." Nora spoke, breaking the silence as she brought her open palm next to her face. Amalia watched as Nora disappeared through a portal, then turned and walked over to one of the walls. She glared out of the window-like wall, watching Eliatrope's buzz by.

Soon after, Nora returned, she stood by the door and gave Amalia a knowing, soft glare. "Shouldn't be long now." She quietly uttered. After only a moment, Nora seemed to fix her posture and fold her arms behind her back in a formal manner. It was still weird to see people act this way around Yugo, but it made sense. Abruptly, a large portal buzzed in front of the stairs guiding to the throne, and a familiar figure walked out of it. As if on instinct the group straightened themselves and looked towards the individual.

Date Published: 16/12/2023 12:23 AM German Time

Date Updated: 16/12/2023 12:23 AM German Time

The throne room and kingdom look like they did in the kickstarter btw!