"Home"

I cant believe I'm back in California. Its all becoming very real. Rachael had come to pick us up from the airport. I wasn't in the mood for talking, or doing anything really so I just listened to Nicole and Rachael.

I sat in the back, my head against the window. I was thinking about Eric, what was he doing right now? Is he okay?

"Sav we have lunch tomorrow with the whole family," Rachael said glancing back at me.

"Okay," I mumbled.

~*~

I woke up dizzy and light headed. I hadn't eaten anything the night before and I cried myself to sleep.

I slowly walked to the kitchen and got out something to eat. Nicole came in and hugged me, "How you feelin?"

"Okay," I lied. I felt terrible. How can you leave someone that you love so much and everything be okay.

"What time are you going to the lunch?" She asked. She knew I didn't want to talk about Eric, so she changed the subject.

"Noon," I said taking a seat on the island counter. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone especially my parents.

"Do you want to go for frozen yogurt or coffee after?" Nicole said trying to cheer me up.

I hesitated answering.

"If you say no I promise it won't hurt my feelings," she said.

"Then no, sorry. I just want to lie in bed and do nothing." I replied.

"Okay if you need anything, I'm here for you." she said hugging me. "Thanks," I said getting off the counter. As I walked to my room I heard the door open and close. I knew it was Rachael.

I heard her talk to Nicole and a minute later she was in my room. "You said no to frozen yogurt?!"

I went up to her and hugged her. "Why is she doing this to me," I yelled against Rachael's shoulder. Rachael rubbed my back.

~*~

I sat in between Tyler and Aunt Nattie, and across from Rachael.

"How was Texas sweetie?" My dad asked.

"It was fun, I missed all my friends there." I answered. I couldn't help but look at my mom. She wore the same evil look she has on everyday.

We were all sitting around the table as the maids came and took our plates when the conversation about school started.

I knew exactly where this conversation was heading and I tensed up in my seat. I think Aunt Nattie realized because she touched my arm.

"Savannah are you still friends with that professor?" My mom asked. I started to panic inside but didn't dare show it to anyone else.

I nodded. "He's actually not my professor anymore or a professor at all for that matter."

"What do you mean? He stopped teaching?" My mother asked.

"Yes." I answered sharply. I wanted the conversation about Eric to stop. It was starting to get really hot in here.

"In a little while an old friend of mine is going to be coming over for some tea. I want you all to meet her and her family." My mom said getting up.

Rachael, Jack, Aunt Nattie, Tyler, and I were walking up the stairs when Tyler asked, "I really liked Eric, he was really chill. Where is he anyways?"

"Uh..I don't know," I answered. I can trust Tyler, it's just that I don't want to talk about Eric. If I told him he would ask so many questions and I didn't want to answer them right now.