Surprise

Two months later.

Joesph and I have gotten pretty close. I can tell he really likes me, but I just see him as a close friend. I don't tell him that though.

Today we have a dinner with both of our families. I was already dressed and ready so I drove to my parents house.

We had about an hour until we had to the leave for the restaurant. So I went up to my room and turned the tv on. A couple minutes later the door bell rang. I thought it was my mom because she wasn't home but it wasn't. One of the maids knocked on my door. "Yes," I said.

"Your father would like you to open the door," she said. I was confused. There were about ten other people in this house not including the workers, why'd I have to open the door?

I walked downstairs and to the door. I reached for the handle and pulled. Once I opened it I stood there and the biggest smile spread on my face.

Eric.

He was standing with a bouquet of red roses. Once he saw my face his eyes lit up. I ran up to him and hugged for a long time. "Hey baby," he said looking into my eyes. I stood on my toes and kissed him. He kissed me back. As we pulled away I asked, "How..How'd you get here?"

"Mr. Fitzgerald called me and said that I could come home. So I did," Eric said looking over my shoulder to someone.

I turned and saw my dad smiling. I ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you daddy. Thank you so much, I love you!"

"I love you too. Now both of you go in the backyard before your mom comes home. I'll talk to her." He said kissing me on the forehead.

I grabbed Eric's hand as we made our way to the side of the house that led to the backyard. As we sat on a bench I looked down at my bouquet of roses.

MY RING!!

"Eric?" I said getting serious. He looked at me noticing how serious I was and he quickly got serious too. "I...I need to tell you something, but you have to promise you won't get mad until I explain everything."

I waited for him to answer, instead he got up and started pacing in front of me. "What is it?" He asked finally taking a seat again.

"I got....Engaged.....The day after I came back. Actually I was forced into an arranged marriage." I said looking down. "Please say something." I said because he was sitting there looking at the grass.

He looked at me for a while before he said, "So what does this mean for us?"

That was a really great question, that I wish I knew the answer to. This was the first time I'd ever felt distant with him. It feels like we don't really know each other.

"For me, nothing's changed I still love you. I can't tell how you feel about me now," I said looking at him.

"I...Im trying to wrap my head around the fact that you're engaged to a man, a man that's not me. I don't understand why," He said keeping his eyes glued to the grass.

"I did this because of you. I had to get engaged to protect you. My mom said that if I say yes, she'll leave you alone. So I did it for you." I snapped because I was annoyed.

"You didn't have to do that," he said finally looking up. "Yeah I did it because I care," I said getting annoyed.

"Savannah I can handle it myself," He said calmly.

"Okay then handle it yourself," I said angrily getting up and walking away. I heard him say, "Savannah." I ignored him and kept walking.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. Joey(Joesph) was sitting on my bed on his phone. "Hey baby," he looked up and saw me. "Hey."