𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐀 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑

Thursday

    Randy had walked you home the night before to ensure that you got home safe after seeing the police sirens rush by the video store. Once you got home you realized your father must have been called in early due to whatever it was so you were on your own for the night...

    You woke up feeling refreshed to not have had alcohol in your system for the first time in a couple of days. You walked over to the bathroom getting ready to go to school with all of the usual stuff, brushing your teeth, hair, etc. Once you were done with hygiene you would make your way back to your room changing into school clothes for the day. Your eyes glanced over your unfinished room deciding that today would be the day that you finally decorated.

    Your thoughts were interrupted as you looked at your clock seeing as if you left right now you would be at school just barely early enough to be on time. You quickly picked up your bag before walking down the stairs grabbing your keys before you opened the door closing it and locking it back up before you left.

    You never locked your door before but something about what you saw last night made it feel like you had to lock up. It made you feel more at peace to have your home locked at least while your father wasn't home. You walked for a couple of minutes still cursing your father for not allowing you to drive the car as you approached the school which was surrounded by police cars.

    "what the fuck" You would mutter under your breath as you walked through various reporters looking around in confusion as you would make your way to class not even bothering to stop at your locker today not wanting to be late.

    You walked into class seeing some in tears and others looking fearful as you raised an eyebrow looking at Stu who had already been sat in the back of the classroom. You approached your desk taking a seat as you dropped your book bag next to your seat. You looked over at Stu the confusion apparent on your face as he looked at you.

    "You haven't heard?" Stu spoke in a whisper as you shook your head looking around as he waved for you to come closer assumedly so others didn't hear your conversation.

    "Steve Orth and Casey Becker were found dead at Casey's place last night" Stu spoke lowly as the two of you backed away from each other you sat in shock and you looked at Stu who looked serious. Which of course was a first so you had to believe him.

    "Are you serious-" You started as the bell rang and the teacher had a bunch of blue slips in her hands passing them out each one with a name and a time on it. I guess that gave you the answer you were looking for...

    Your slip read 11:50 am which was just before your lunch. You were a bit nervous as to why you were being called to the office but figured it had something to do with Steve and Casey's deaths.

    Your morning classes felt like they were moving so much quicker that day, maybe it was because for once you didn't want the end of classes to come not wanting your time to be questioned to come sooner. It freaked you out a bit that you were going to be getting questioned, but you just kept telling yourself that everyone was getting questioned and that it wasn't about you.

    11:50 am rolled around as you got up from your seat letting your English teacher read your note as you then exited the room and walked towards the main office. Your eyes darted from wall to wall as you walked into the office seeing two officers standing in the room while the principal gestured for you to take a seat.

    "Miss Y/L/N?" They asked in a way to reassure that they knew who they were interviewing for their records.

    "Yes sir" You spoke simply as you looked between the two police officers as they seemed to have a list of questions to ask. Most of the questions were about if you knew the victims and if you ever had any issues with them. Of course, you lied instead of telling them how you punched Steve Orth in the face just the night before. They ended up letting you leave after fifteen minutes of just random questions. You would be a little late to the fountain today but it's not like you could be tardy to lunch.

...

    You were walking out to the fountain and as you got closer you began to catch wind of the conversation at hand.

    "I didn't kill anyone" You heard Stu speak as you came sitting next to Randy on the opposite side of where everyone sat. You raised an eyebrow as Tatum noticed you walk up before interjecting the conversation.

    "Yeah, well nobody said you did" Billy retaliated to Stu's comment as you raised an eyebrow looking at Randy who then rolled his eyes at the two.

    "Thanks, buddy" Stu spoke up once more as Billy was rolling his eyes at Stu.

     "Besides it takes a man to do something like that" Randy spoke in a jock-like voice making you chuckle a bit but you tried to keep it hushed not wanting them to think that you were enjoying their conversation about the murder that had just occurred.

    "Well I oughta gut your ass for saying I'm a kid" Stu spoke the conversation with one big joke as you felt Randy stand up from sitting beside you.

     "Well let me ask you something, did you put her liver in the mailbox because I heard they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and her pancreas" Randy spoke in a higher-pitched voice as you yanked him back down to a sitting position as you could see Sidney getting uncomfortable with the conversation.

    "Randy you goon fuck, we are trying to eat here" Tatum complained a bit as she took a grape out of the grape bag popping it into her mouth.

    "She's getting mad right... you better liver alone" Stu spoke in remarks to Tatum getting grossed out by the topic of conversation as would most normal people.

     "Liver alone!" Stu announced again as he was laughing at his joke and now Sidney was leaving the lunch group. You watched her begin to walk away as you stood up.

    "Nice going assholes" You spoke as you ran after the girl.

    "Hey Sid wait up !" You called out as you ran through the door looking around the hallway for any sign of where Sidney went. You eventually gave up looking as the bell rang for the end of lunch and now you were on your way to your next class.