𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

Friday

    You and Hallie had been getting ready for this sorority party for what felt like forever. Hallie had been holding up different outfits for herself and every time you told her she looked good in everything she would roll her eyes throwing the clothing to the side and grabbing a new outfit. You were planning on just going in what you had worn all day but with the way Hallie was acting over her outfit, you couldn't imagine her letting you exit in anything less than designer.

    "Okay, this is it" Hallie spoke as you let out a sigh of relief seeing the outfit she had decided on making you smile.

    "Hallie it's perfect" You spoke with a smile as she checked her watch giving you the 'we-are-so-going-to-be-late' eyes.

    "Guess we have to go now" You spoke as you made your way to the door before the girl grabbed your arm dragging you back into the room and pulling an outfit out for you. You looked at the outfit which was composed of a black long-sleeve turtleneck and a pink skirt. You looked at the girl with an expression that wasn't too pleasant as you would swiftly change into the clothes. The girl looked you over with a smile before the two of you would exit the dorm building to meet up with Randy, Derek, and Mickey.

    "Hey pretty girl" Randy would speak with a smile as you would hug the boy hello then move to your boyfriend planting a kiss on his lips before waving hello to Mickey.

    "You two ready to go?" Randy would ask as you and Hallie would nod as the five of you would begin your walk to the sorority house. Derek resting an arm around your shoulder as the group walked. You felt comfortable to be with him, he made you feel safe. As the group approached the house Mickey would speak up.

    "Fuck" He spoke up as the group turned looking at him for a second.

    "What's up, Mick?" You asked as he was feeling his pockets.

    "I forgot my phone" He spoke as he pushed his fingers through his hair.

    "Who cares we are about-" Randy was about to argue but Mickey was already hightailing it back towards the dorms.

    "Guess he has an important call" Hallie spoke as the four of you walked into the packed house party. Your eyes glance over every face. You didn't like parties where you didn't know many people but you were doing this for Hallie in the end.

    You walked through the kitchen grabbing a beer bottle and handing one to Derek and another to Randy as Hallie was already off with the sisters. Your eyes skimmed the crowd as you popped the top of the bottle taking a swig from it. You closed your eyes for a second, now your game face was on and you were ready for whatever was to come. You mainly walked around with Derek and Randy talking to various people until Hallie needed you for a conversation.

    The two of you stood there talking with who you assumed to be the lead sisters of the house. They asked questions pertaining a lot to your trauma and how you took leadership in those situations. You looked at Hallie as you thought how the hell do you take leadership when everyone you love is dead around you? before you could answer you heard sirens as people started flooding to the front of the house including the girls asking the questions. You stood still as you heard the sirens. They brought back a lot for you as you slowly followed the crowd.  

    The crowd of college students all ran out onto the lawn and down the street as you stood on the front step alone. You felt a hand on your shoulder as you turned your head finding Randy standing there as you bit the inside of your cheek. You knew what this was deep down but you didn't want to admit it to yourself. 

    "I think-" Randy started but you turned to him with pleading eyes not to say anything.

    "Just let me live in delusion a little longer" You spoke simply as you looked at the boy silence falling between you. What broke the silence was the sound of the sorority phone ringing. You turned your head as did Randy. He looked at you shaking his head.