𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚝

I heard someone tapping my window which was weird and impossible since I was in the 5th floor of the building.
I froze for a moment.
𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑦/𝑛. 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑
I took a big breath and went to check.
I saw nothing
"Pheww... It was nothAHHH"
I screamed as a cat suddenly appeared in my window
"Shit! It was just a cat"
The cat kept scratching the window. It was white with bits of brown and orange here and there
"You want to get inside little one?" the cat just meowed
I was hesitant at first but I couldn't resist. I open the window and the cat jumped in my arms
"Y/n! Is everything okay!? What happened?" said Francis entering my room out of breath
"Oh I'm really sorry for that. That little one gave me a heart attack"
"A cat? How did it appeared here?"
He said looking curiously the cat
"I'm not sure but he seems to like me. Can I please keep him?" I asked
He sighed
"Have I ever said no to you?"
"Really!?"
"Yes yes. If it's what you want to do, I don't mind. Goodnight, to both of you"
"Goodnight, Francis"
The cat meowed at him. I was really excited. My parents never allowed me any pets since it would be way too much of a responsibility and would dirty the house and when some years ago I did brought secretly a kitty home... Well it didn't end well. Francis seems way nicer than what he did in the Manga.

I looked at the cat.
"Now what shall I name you sir?"
"meoww"
"hmm.. Let's see... What about, Mr. Jingles?"
The cat seemed to not like it
"You don't like it huh? Whiskers?"
He continued to look disappointed
"you're quiet picky. Beans? Mr. Beans?"
The cat meowed approvingly.
"So it's settled. Mr Beans, I'm y/n. You're quite intelligent you know"
"Are you perhaps hungry?"
He meowed
"Okay okay. Wait here and I'm gonna bring you some milk"
.
.
I had put milk in a bowl and Mr Beans was devouring it while I was in bed thinking.
Was ever a y/n mentioned in the Manga. I can't remember. I... I can't remember a lot of things from the Manga. I just remember some important points and the characters... Or at least most of them. I'm not sure. It may be the exhaustion of the day or the fact that I travel to a different universe...

I was deep in thought. Mr. Beans climbed in my chest
"meow"
"I'm okay. It's just... I'm not sure if want to return. I don't know why I feel this way... I really don't. I should desire to return but I really don't"
He just stare at me
"Don't mind my words Mr. Beans. I'll.. I have to sleep. Tomorrow with a clear mind I'll see my next moves"
He laid in my chest, falling asleep. Before I realized it, I did the exact same thing
.
.
.
.
I opened my eyes and I was back in my world.
so it was all a dream? I sighed and got out of bed. Mom and dad weren't home as usual. I checked the clock in the kitchen
shit! It's 10! I'm late for school. I dressed up, grabbed my back and phone. I quickly checked for any notifications but not surprisingly I found nothing. I basically run to the school. I arrived and heard the bell. It must be the second hour's break now. That's okay. I'll try to find my friends.

As I walked through the corridors I saw Lexi and Ethan chatting and laughing with each other. They didn't seem to notice me. As I walked closer I heard Ethan asked
"By the way where's y/n?"
"I have no idea. The last time she texted me was yesterday afternoon, saying that she discovered a new Manga or something. It might sound rude but I was actually happy she did. Like she didn't annoy me for the rest of the day and I could enjoy myself with the others "
Huh?
" Yeah I understand. I feel the same sometimes. "
" What are you guys talking about?" I basically yelled
But to my surprise they didn't react at all. It was like they couldn't hear or see me.
" Enough with y/n! What are we gonna do tonight?" asked Lexi
"Oh. I discovered a new club. It's a bit far from here but Ben and Molly offered to drive us there"
"Perfect! What are we going to say to y/n if she asks?"
"They usual. That we're busy with homework or something"
They walked passed me
It's not them that cannot see me. I'm invisible.
"What is happening?"
"Your consciousness was transferred here by me" said a female voice from behind me
"Who are you?" I turned and saw a woman around her twenties with black hair and a scar under her left eye. Under other circumstances I would be amazed by her beauty but that it's not the right time
"I'm from what you call the 'bungou stray dogs' universe. I'm an ability user. I can transfer souls to any universe I wish to"
"And why did you do that with me?"
"Oh darling trust me. I had no intention of doing so. I just did as y/n told me"
"And where is she now? I'd love to talk to her"
"You and a lot of people. However you should first go to your house. After that I'll explain"
I sighed try to remain calm.
"fine. You better have a good reason for all of this."
She didn't say anything. I couldn't read her expression but I think that I spotted a bit of sympathy in her eyes

I walked back to my house
To be honest I'm not sad at all. I knew. I knew everything for a long time. I'm not as stupid as they think I am. I know that they were never my friends. Our parents wanted us to be friends. I didn't care to interact with others but it was convenient to have two people to talk to.
I entered my house. My parents were sitting in the kitchen talking

"Hello. Home I see?" I said to myself, knowing very well that they wouldn't see or hear me
"I don't think that is a very good idea Greg. What if she talks?" said my mom worried
"She won't. We trained her to not do so"
"I know but still. What will the people say? It doesn't make sense to send our only daughter in Australia to 'study' when the greatest universities are in Europe and America"
"I see nothing suspicious"
"Seriously?"
"yes. She will be with her aunt that she adores and she's also young and like every young person she wants to explore the world or something"
"still. Your sister is smart. She may notice some weird patterns in her behavior. You know what I mean"
"Look. Do you want to finally live free or not!? Aren't you tired? Cause I am" he raised his voice and I flinched. He rarely had to raise his voice in the past but whenever he did it was not good.

"I'm tired! God knows how much! I just don't want to become the reason for gossips!" mother started crying and father went to comfort her "I just wish... I jsut wish she would disappear" she said between sobbings
I stared at them not in disbelief. I've always told myself that they loved me deep down. They never showed me that they didn't. Not exactly. They were always absent, to work so they could raise me. Whenever they were at home we had their friends and family over, so they were always kind and lovely with me. I used to adore those moments. I've never missed material things, however I did miss love and affection. I even preferred the bad moments with them than the neglect. Whenever I acted out as a kid they would 'discipline' me. It was not very usual for this to happen though. It had approximately happened 4 or 5 times in my whole life.

I felt another person behind me. I knew who it was
"Are we done now?" I asked the woman
"Yes."
"Why? Why did y/n wanted to show me all these?"
"I don't know her exact motives but she wanted to show you the truth"
"I already knew all of these"
"An offer comes though"
"An offer?"
"Yes. She's willing to help you fix your life, if you help her."
"With what!?"
"finding her"
"huh?"
"3 days before your arrival she went outside for some business. She was being watch. After chasing her down, most likely the haunting dogs, in order to escape she used a new invesion which was not tested before. Theoretically it could transfer one person to a parallel universe but just like I said it was not tested before. She got missing. I can not find her anywhere. Before that accident, she told me to tell you all these and bring you here"
"I see"
"study. Follow her instructions and please find her."
She seemed quite desperate
"What are you to her?"
She didn't respond for a while
"Her...friend"
"What is your name and how will I contact you?"
"I'm Ashley. I will contact you don't worry about it"
"okay Ashley..."
.
.
.