eight.

2 weeks later...

once the world found mike's tweet, they went crazy. it was their favourite dynamic. two art lovers, both different kinds of art. music and literary art, join together, to have the love they have for each other. max and will were really happy for eleanor, but they knew this would've happened much earlier, same with lucas and dustin who helped mike get the confidence to speak to her. eleanor's writing had improved drastically, she was already a jane austen, now a shakespear? her romance novels had way more emotions into in.

today, max and will were at el's. they were watching gossip girl together. "honestly chuck is a such a high school chad who dates all the girls, y'know?" will said. "yeah exactly, i honestly prefer blair, as she's another academic validation girlie!" eleanor said, chuckling with her eyes glued on to the tv. max sat next to el on the black leather couch, max was playing with winnie who would constantly jump out of her grip. "so, how's it with lucas?" will asked max. "well, i'm meeting lucas' parents tomorrow, you know, they want to know who their son is dating and lucas is kind of an idiot, but i love him cause of that" max said, placing winnie on the ground. 

soon, max had to leave as she had work to do, max had auditioned as the main female lead for a movie called 'winter is the base for tragedy', a horror movie. max got the role and had been extra excited about that. will and eleanor was going to drive to joyce and hopper, their parents' home, which was also in nyc. they drove there and parked their car at the big house. joyce is the founder for a new parenting course group and hopper is a famous journalist, which made them wealthy. honestly, the byer's had a trait of being ambitious which had passed on to their children as well. will is a famous artist and owner of an art gallery, johnathan is a famous photographer and now, their daughter-in-law nancy, was another famous journalist for new york times. nancy was mike's older sister which made the byer's happier. johnathan met nancy two years ago, nancy was close with mike, but was too busy to talk to him. yet, she still managed to make time for him. nancy and johnathan got engaged yesterday, at a waterfall. it was a family dinner, mike was invited and would arrive in about 10 minutes. "will, el!" joycelyn said, hugging eleanor and will tightly, kissing each of their cheeks, behind joyce was hopper. "hey kiddos" hopper said, joining in on the hug. "hi mom and dad" will and el said simultaneously.

after a few hugs, will and el walked inside, where johnathan and nancy were seated. "hello!" will said as johnathan walked towards them. "heya buds!" johnathan said, as will and el hugged him. "hiya nance!" eleanor said, eleanor had often talked to nancy as she was nice and acted like an older sister to her. "oh, el, your hair has grown!" nancy said, embracing el. "congrats!" eleanor and will said to the couple as they thanked them. they sat down on the couch. "so how are you two?" johnathan asked. "we're good, i'm working on a new oil painting" will said, he loved arts since will was three and often blabbered about it. "i'm doing really well, my writers block has been defeated by too much vanilla lattes." el said, making everyone laugh. "how's mike, he called me yesterday after the engagement but i haven't been too close for a while" nancy asked, knowing that el is taking great care of mike. "he's doing really well, but very clingy" eleanor chuckled, she liked that about mike. 

after a few minutes and laughs, the doorbell rang. "i'll get it." el said, walking up to the door. it was mike "hi dove" mike said, kissing eleanor's cheek. "hello love, come on in" el smiled as mike took of his jacket, the autumn leaves are all cleared up and it's raining quite often. "mike!" nancy said, hugging her younger brother. "hi nance, congrats once again" mike smiled as he pulled way.

"okay is everyone ready for dinner?" joyce said, arranging the plates. "very much" they responded, everyone washed their hands and sat down at the table. after prayer, they began eating their dinner, there was risotto, alfredo pasta and garlic bread at the table. "mm! this tastes good joyce, did you make it?" mike said, while sitting next to el. "yeah, thank you" joyce responded happy that everyone's enjoying the dinner. "i really like the bread dipped in the alfredo sauce" nancy remarked, as everyone nodded, they preferred that combination. "so, how did you meet mike, el?" hopper asked, he knew that eleanor and mike loved each other dearly, and he honestly supports it. he knows mike's a nice guy, eleanor used to listen to mike's music a lot during college, so hopper did some research on him.  "oh, we met at a random hot topic, quite awkward, really." eleanor said, with her english accent. hopper chuckled, "you know, you two aren't the only ones who met at hot topic" hopper said. as mike and eleanor raised their eyebrows. "me and joyce met at a hot topic aswell, back in 1989, when hot topic first came out." hopper said, as will's jaw dropped. "what! how come you didn't tell us!" will asked. "we did, you guys just didn't listen, why would nine year olds even care about that?" joyce said. "got a point there." johnathan said, chuckling. "we met at the college cafe," nancy said, "not too special, but still a cherished memory." nancy continued, smiling.

after two hours, everyone said their goodbyes and returned to their homes. mike and eleanor reached their apartment complex, "hey mike?" eleanor asked. "hm?" "do you want to stay over, at my apartment tonight?" eleanor asked, checking the time, the time was eight pm. "sure, i'd love to" mike smiled, as he and eleanor walked into the apartment. mike took some of his clothes there, he liked spending time with el, while they weren't working. winnie jumped at mike's feet, winnie liked mike a lot. "winnie's now your dog daughter" eleanor joked, mike giggled as he patted winnie's head. "yeah"

mike and eleanor got ready for bed, mike and eleanor sat on the bed, watching a movie while winnie was sitting right between them. mike's hand was wrapped around eleanor, who leaned into his embrace. mike kissed eleanor's cheek, before eleanor got closer to him and actually kissed him, it was soft and long, before they pulled away. mike was preparing a surprise for el, el was clueless about it. but soon, eleanor will hear it.

authors note: another long chapter right at your service! i'm doing well and its raining so much in nyc that my cat, dog and bird is getting the zoomies like what the heck? thank you so much for 82 reads!also, stay safe, i heard that piece o' crap called covid may return. love ya! xoxo, gossip girl