ten.

it was a few days before christmas. the weather was cold, but the atmosphere was festive. all of new york was going christmas shopping. one of these people was eleanor hopper. there, in that instrument store, stood eleanor hopper, in all her glory, her eyes set on that instrument in front of her luminous eyes. that fender mustang.

a few days prior, winnie had caught hold of mike's fender jaguar, which was left there, on the almond wood floor, unprotected, which can nimbly be destroyed by winnie's teeth. winnie tore apart those narrow chords from the wooden base and used it as a simple chew toy. god, somehow, mike being the well-behaved human being he was, didn't impulsively scold the mop of fur, instead, he let it be. he had so much money, he could buy hundreds of those. so, eleanor, feeling bad for mike and guilty for letting winnie into that room, decided to get him a new guitar, though a fender mustang was completely different from 1962-model of the fender jaguar, it looked like something mike would adore.

so, without wasting a second, she bought it. along with that, she got him chocolates as well as a hand-knit scarf, which was navy blue. she gently packed the fragile guitar into some christmas wrap and the chocolates and scarf into a basket, with some plaid red patterned towel below it with a heart-warming note, 'for my rockstar'. on the guitar, on the very bottom, stood out some obvious initials. E.H and M.W. she smiled, before returning to writing her novel, with the scanty fireplace crackling. she had also gotten gifts for her family and friends, like every year, but this year with a special someone, that being mike. she got joyce a luxurious kitchen set, hopper some vinyls of don't mess around with jim, max some miss dior roses n roses, will an artists' choice special set of art supplies, johnathan a new camera and nancy some fancy writing appliances.

mike had plans for christmas too, to get nancy a violin, his mother a knitting set and his dad a piece of his mind, i mean, what dad? he had been drvnk driving too much it got him in jail, didn't it? mike wanted something very special for eleanor, something special for a special girl. he made her a tune, a song, all from his heart, which eleanor had taken roots in. a song he'll play her, 'my writer girl'. not only that, some home-made chocolate fudge cake, some books, just for her. jane austen : the deluxe edition and his heart. packed it up with some christmas wrap, with the vinyl of the song. he grinned to himself, oh how will her face look at this !! he thought.

authors note : sorry it's short !! im still sick with conjuctivitis so yeah love yall !! xoxo, gossip girl