Chapter 7

Arabella pov:

Do we have to? But I guess I can't escape from here.

I take a bite from my grilled cheese and then Helios speaks up.

"So..What is your favorite colour, πολυαγαπημένος?" he asks me. (Darling)

Now I feel everyones eyes on me, it seems they really want to get to know me. But why I mean, I am nothing special. 

"I-I think i-it's green." I answer him after thinking about it. Green is a colour that always calms me. Green reminds me about nature, the animals and it has kinda a positiv aura.

"W-what is y-yours?" I ask them, not knowing what to say otherwise and turn to Helios.

"Mine is yellow." Helios responds.

Yellow definitly suits him. He is always so happy and shines like the sun.

Now I turn my gace to Astraeus.

"Dark blue, like the night." He tells me. 

Dark blue signifies power and responsibility. It fits him perfectly.

"Red." Emiliano says before I even manage to turn to him. 

Red means sacrifice, danger and courage. I don't know him as well as the twins but his apperence definitly is red.

I look to Dimitri.

"Even though it's technically not a colour, I would say black." he answers.

Black is clean and blends in perfectly.

I decide to take another bite from my grilled cheese and now Emiliano is the one to ask a question.

"Why do you stutter around us, mariposa?" he wants to know. (Butterly)

At that question I pressed my lips together. Why does he have to mention my stutter? I already feel insecure about it, but I just can't help it when I am nervous and specially with people I don't know well I get nervous. I take a deep breath.

"I-It's just a-a habit. I st-utter when I a-am nervous  a-and I especially w-with s-strangers.I try to explain as good as I can.

"So we make you nervous, πολυαγαπημένος ?" Helios says while wiggling his brows. (Darling)

I feel my cheeks getting warm. 

"Y-You are n-not the o-only one t-that makes m-me feel n-nervous. S-so d-don't let i-it go t-to your h-head." I try to brush it off. 

"First of all too late. And second, Ouch." He says dramatically while pressing both his hands to his chest.

"Yet you don't stutter around that boy Nicolas. How come so? Isn't he also a stranger to you?" Dimitri ask all of the sudden, curious about the answer. 

I could swear that their eyes darkned a little at the mentioning of Nico's name. It feels like they don't like him. But why? He is one of the nicest people I know. At the same time, I don't know many people, but that's beside the point. One day I will ask them about it.

"I-I feel s-safe a-around him, h-he reminds m-me o-of an c-childhood friend a-and he s-simply g-gets m-me." I tell them. 

They only nod in respond. 

I clear my throat, getting all the boys attention. 

"H-how did y-you all m-meet?" I ask them.

"Our parents are business partners and good friends, so we grew up together." Astraeus explains.