Chapter 5

*JJ's POV*

I wanted to put this in so you guys could see how she feels about the whole ordeal

I'm awakened once again by a knock on the door. This time when I wake up, I'm alone and I'm greeted by bright sunshine and a painful headache. I check the clock and it's about 11:00 in the morning. I needed my sleep and I doubt me and Spence did much sleeping the night before, so I let myself drift back to sleep. But 30 seconds later, I hear another knock on my door, and a familiar voice calling out to me. "JJ? You in there?" It was Garcia. "Ughhh," I groaned. I forgot that me and Garcia had plans for brunch today. "Jayje I know you're in there. I'm coming in now, okay?" She said as she slowly turned open the door. I started to sit up on the couch as she walked in so I could face her. Immediately when she opened the door, she saw me sitting there. Garcia realizes that I'm still wearing my work clothes from the day before and she sees my hair is a mess. "Oh honey, what happened to you?" She asks me, obviously concerned. "I don't know," I answer honestly. She walks over to the couch, her eyes fixated on the sight in front of her. She had never seen me in such disarray before. I had always been so organized and collected most of the time at work, so to see me like this was a surprise to Penelope. As she came closer to me, she started to smell the alcohol. The scent was strong because I had a lot the night before, and it still clung to me. "Have you been drinking?" She questions, giving me a look. "Yes," I say, ashamed, as I look at her. Her sorry eyes loose a little bit of that sorrow. "Oh JJ we both know you don't do well when you drink a lot. Remember ladies night?" She reminds me. I nod. That was a disaster. Penelope was still worried about me because she knew what happened when I drank. She slowly moved toward the couch and sat on the other end, near my feet. I sat up straight so I could see her, igniting more head pain as I did so. "I'm guessing your really hungover now, right?" She asked me. "Yeah," I responded quietly. "Well why don't we get you some aspirin and something to drink? Does that sound good?" She asked me as she rose from the couch. "Yeah, that would be great, thanks Pen," I replied, glad to have someone to take care of me. "That's what friends are for," she said to me smiling while she walked over to the kitchen area. That made me think. Reid and I were just friends right? We're friends. But friends don't just kiss each other, and they especially don't do anything more than that. But we did kiss... Maybe we weren't friends, maybe we were something more. No, we can't be. I've never thought of him like that. Well, now I do. If we weren't "more than friends" before, we are now. It wasn't actually that bad of a thought, though, me and Spence as more than friends. I'd actually kind of like it. My thoughts were interrupted when Penelope walked back into the room, carrying a tray of food. She came back with aspirin, a big glass of water, coffee, some bacon, an apple, and some toast. The smell of the bacon made my mouth water, and I couldn't wait to finally have something to eat. The last thing i ate were some chicken wings from the bar last night. "Oh wow! You truly are the best, PG," I said as she handed the tray to me. "I know," she said, smiling as she sat down next to me. She watched as I snarfed down the food and chugged the water. The best part about the whole thing was the coffee, which I desperately needed. "Wow, you really were hungry," she said. I just nodded and continued eating. When I was finally finished, I knew she had dozens of questions for me. "So, first off, why were you drinking last night, and how'd you let yourself drink so much?" She questioned. "You know, that part's not all that important right now," I insisted. She frowned but let me continue. "Garcia, I think I made a mistake. A big big mistake," I said as I realized the seriousness of the situation. When I said this, she looked even more worried, " What do you mean?" She asked me skeptically. "I mean, I think I screwed up. Badly," I told her. This made her look nervous. "Okay..." She trailed off. "Tell me about it," Garcia urged on. "Okay, this is gonna be really long, but bear with me. So last night, I went out drinking after work. I found Spence at the bar I was at. He was slumped over a barstool with tons of empty glasses in front of him. I went over to him and talked to him and he admitted to me one of his secrets. Then we just talked to each other about our problems. The whole time we were talking, we we're both drinking more and more. Eventually, I called him a cab and went home with him, just to make sure he would be safe. When we arrived at his house, we had some more to drink, and then we talked some more. Then, out of no where, he admitted he had a crush on me. For some reason, I felt like kissing him, so I did. And I don't remember anything after that. The next thing I know, I'm naked, wrapped in his arms while sleeping on his couch. I quickly got up without waking him, gathered all my things, called a cab, and left. And now, I'm here," I explained. The whole time I was talking, I was observing Penelope's facial expressions to see how she reacted. At first, she was surprised, and then, she was astonished. She just sat there with her mouth open, staring at me. After all that, I just let out a deep sigh. That explanation was more for myself than for her, and it felt good to let it all out. I'm pretty sure I was just as confused as she was though.