Chapter 26

*Narrators POV*

"Hey Reid," Morgan says quietly just as Emily enters the room, trying not to draw any attention to herself or Henry. "Hey, you guys came," Reid says groggily as he scans the room for everyone. "Where's JJ?" Garcia whispers quietly to Emily, who's trying to squeeze Henry into the room. "She's not coming," Emily tells her, which was surprising to Garcia. "You took a pretty bad beating there, pretty boy. Hope they didn't mess up that face too badly," Morgan says jokingly in an effort to cheer Reid up, which even makes Hotch smile. "I guess not," Reid replies, forcing a smile through his pain. "Hey Uncle Spence!" Henry says excitedly, pushing through the team to reach his bedside. "Henry!" Reid says happily as he spots him. "Come on up here," he says, patting his bedside. He's too little to climb onto the bed himself, so Emily has to lift him up onto it. Garcia, Rossi, Kate, Hotch, and Morgan watch how careful Reid is with Henry. "Look at all these super cool machines I'm attached to," Reid says, pointing to his IV. "Woah," Henry whispers. "I'm like a superhero!" Reid says playfully. "Can I touch it?" Henry says curiously as he moves his finger closer to the heart monitor. "No, sorry Henry, but it's a superheroes secret," Reid tells him, trying to make light out of the situation. Having Henry there was helping to cheer him up and make him feel better, but he still felt terrible about his fight with JJ. In fact, he didn't see her in the room with him. "Where's JJ?" Reid asked, suddenly concerned. He hoped that she had come to see him. He had been meaning to apologize for the way he had acted during their fight. He only needed some space, and he had freaked out a bit on her. Reid was afraid he was too harsh on her and he scared her off. Truthfully, he only wanted to be closer to her. "I'm sorry Reid, but she didn't want to come in," Emily told him quietly, sparking a look of sadness on his face. She tried to keep quiet so the rest of the team couldn't hear, but Emily wasn't too good a keeping secrets. Morgan heard what she was saying, and he knew why JJ didn't want to see Reid. JJ confided in him earlier that her and Reid had a fight. A fight is no reason to keep them apart, Morgan thought to himself, JJ shouldn't just stay away from Reid just because of a fight. They were best friends, he argued in his head. He had to go see JJ and talk to her. Morgan had to tell her she was being irrational. Reid needed her, and frankly, so did the rest of the team. "Excuse me," Morgan said as he moved his way towards the doorway and out to the hall. Emily was confused why Morgan left, but she didn't stop him. She was more concerned with Reid. He was obviously hurt by the fact that JJ didn't come to see him. Emily knew what was going on between the two of them, and it was messy, but it was obvious that they were both hiding feelings for each other. Reid wanted to see JJ, but he was afraid she didn't want to see him, and JJ wanted to see Reid, but she was scared he didn't want her to be there. It was VERY messy. Reid tried to forget about that for now, and try to focus on al his friends in the room with him, including Henry.
*
"JJ!" Morgan called out as he walked quickly into the waiting room. At first, she didn't seem to notice him, and she continued to read her magazine. "Hey JJ!" Morgan yelled out, even louder this time. "Oh, hey, how's Spence?" JJ asked when she finally spotted him. "He's doing alright, could be better," Derek said as he took a seat in the chair next to her. "Good," she said, relieved that Spence was okay. "You know what would make him better?" Morgan asked her sharply. "What?" She replied, looking him in the eyes. "Reid would fell much better if you were there," He suggested, making her look back down at her magazine. "Sorry Derek, but he doesn't want to see me," JJ said as she stared straight down at her magazine. "Seriously? He would do anything to be able to see you," Morgan insisted. "I don't think you would be saying that if you knew about the fight we had," she admitted quietly. "C'mon, just go in there for a little bit, it would really help him," He said, growing angry at her ignorance. "Sorry, no can do," She replied to him, casually flipping through the magazine pages. "For god's sake JJ your his best friend! Go see him!" Morgan yelled as he finally snapped. JJ was startled by his sudden anger and looked up at him again. This time, he meant what he was saying. "Alright, alright, you've convinced me, I'll go see him," she insisted in an effort to calm him down. "Good," Morgan said, trying to compose himself again. "Wait! I have to be able to see him alone," JJ told him as she closed her magazine. "Okay, I'll go clear out the room for you," He told her as he got up to leave. She watched as he walked down the hall and into his room. As soon as she saw everyone step into the hallway, she got up and started to make her way towards Reid's room.