Chapter 21

*Narrators POV*

This chapter continues right after he other chapter stopped, if you couldn't tell

JJ was still trying to avoid Reid, and since Garcia kicked her out of her office, she had to find a new place to go. Because their desks were positioned right next to each other, going back there to do work was out of the question. Another place she wanted to try was her old office. It was usually empty, so she decided to give it a try. Thankfully, the door was unlocked and the blinds were closed, so she could catch a break from all the craziness in there. However, as she walked through the door, she saw him in there. Reid had set up his work on the floor and was sitting down in the middle of the room. Apparently he was also trying to avoid JJ. He looked up as she walked in and immediately stood up. That's when JJ realized that she really DID need to stop avoiding her problems: she just needed to face them head on. "JJ, I'm really, really sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to..." Reid started to say as he stepped closer to her. "No, Spence you shouldn't have to apologize," she said, interrupting him. "This isn't your fault, it's mine. I wanted to kiss you, trust me, I did," she started. He was listening, but he kept stepping closer and closer to her as she spoke. At this point, he was mere inches away from her, but she kept rambling on about how sorry she was. "I was just afraid, afraid of having real feelings for you. I was afraid that if I kissed you, I would somehow get hurt, and I was just scared of getting hurt. We have a lot of history, and I didn't want it to get in the way," JJ explained, the whole time looking him directly in the eyes. "The kiss wasn't your fault, and you didn't hurt me. If anything, I hurt you, and I'm sorry for that. You deserve better than me, and I'd understand-" she started to say before she was cut off mid-sentence by a kiss. Reid was tired of her apologizing. He already forgave her, and he decided that the only way to get that through her head was to kiss her. He grabbed her waist and gently pulled her in closer, still not breaking the kiss. This time, she didn't reject it. JJ ran one hand through his thick hair and left the other one on his back. She let him kiss her, and she was glad that she did. She was no longer afraid; in fact, she felt stronger. He was thrilled that she let him kiss her, and he wanted it to go on longer than it did. The kiss felt so perfect, and so familiar, to both of them. It was what Reid had been waiting for his whole life, and it felt like the world had stopped in those few seconds. He deepened the kiss, not wanting it to ever end. He held onto her tighter and she pulled him in closer as they continued kissing.
*
Emily loved returning to the BAU. Everyone always recognized her because she was the agent who came back from the dead. As she stepped out of the elevator and into the hallway, she was flooded with joyful memories. The first place she wanted to visit was Hotch's office. She was supposed to consult on a case with him. Instead of going to his office through the bullpen, she wanted to take the side hallway to get there. If she walked through the bullpen, she would create some commotion with Reid and Morgan, who didn't know she was returning. JJ's old office was down the same side hallway as Hotch's. As Emily walked through that hallway, she noticed that the door to JJ's old office was open a crack. Because Emily was so curious, she decided to check it out. She slowly peered through the crack in the door and saw- Reid kissing JJ? "So she finally did decide to go for him and tell him? Good for her," Emily whispered to herself as she watched them. She really wanted to say hi to them because she missed them, but she didn't want to interrupt. They were her best friends though, so she had to say hi. She pushed the door open all the way and walked into the room. They still didn't notice her though. Reid and JJ were too preoccupied in their rather passionate kiss. "Uh hey guys! Sorry for interrupting this um- whatever that was," Emily said, bringing to their attention that she was in the room. As soon as she said this, JJ broke the kiss and started to blush. "Emily! I didn't know you were coming!" Reid exclaimed excitedly as he pulled her into a hug. "I can see that," she said, making him smile. After Reid hugged her, it was JJ's turn for a hug. "Long time no see," Emily said sarcastically as she let go of JJ. "Sorry about that Em. It was- inappropriate," JJ said, obviously embarrassed. "No, no, it's alright. I'm glad to see you guys are happy," Emily said, eyeing JJ. "Yeah, we are," Reid said as he placed his arm around JJ, putting a smile on both of their faces. "So I'm assuming you told him about the paternity thing with Henry," Emily said to JJ, which made the blonde cringe. JJ still hadn't told Reid he might be Henry's father, and Emily might've just outed her secret. "Dammit," JJ quietly whispered. Reid looked throughly confused about what Emily said, but he was silent. He looked to JJ for clarification, but she just shut her eyes tightly and buried her head in her hands "Was I not supposed to say that?" Emily asked, looking concerned. She was afraid that she just ruined JJ and Reid's relationship. JJ just slowly looked up and nodded her head, and Emily understood. "Leave," JJ commanded as she pushed Emily out of the office. When Emily was gone, JJ shut the door and locked it. Reid was still frozen in his place, shocked and confused. As Emily left the room, she felt terrible for telling JJ's secret. She hoped that her friend would be okay.