Chapter 19

Sorry for the long break, I'm on vacation right now so it's hard to find wifi and upload. Here's a short chapter to ride you guys over...

*Narrators POV*

JJ didn't realize that by inviting Reid to bring Henry to school, she would be forced to talk to him for a long period of time. She had been trying to avoid that since their last case started, and now she had just instigated it. The first part of the car ride was easy. Henry blabbed on and on about his school project and Reid listened, adding in helpful comments here and there. Hearing the two of them getting along so nicely brought a smile to JJ's face. After dropping Henry off at school, it was just JJ and Reid alone in the car together. It was a bit awkward at first. Neither of them knew what to say, so Reid would just spit out some random statistics, but after a while they had a genuine conversation. "So, um, I never really got a chance to ask you... How are you feeling- I mean, about Will and stuff," Reid said randomly. "I'm doing alright. Better than I was doing, last night at least," JJ told him, making him laugh a bit. "That's good," he said while smiling. "Yeah, I um, I signed the divorce papers this morning, so as of now, I'm single," she said, looking at him briefly. "Oh, so if you're single..." He trailed off. "If you're single, you um- you wouldn't mind if-" Reid hesitated, fumbling with his words. "Just spit it out already, Spence," JJ said, cutting him off. "Would you maybe want to go and see a movie with me sometime?" He asked quickly, without hesitation his time. Surprised by this, JJ slammed on the breaks and stopped the car. She really wasn't expecting that. She knew he had feelings for her, but she didn't think he'd act on them so soon. She didn't know he'd ask her out! JJ didn't know if she'd be able to do that with him- date him. She couldn't do it, not with their history and Will. She was free from Will now, though. Plus, Henry adores Reid. Maybe she would be able to date him. Maybe it was possible to get over their history. "Woah, are you alright," Reid said in reaction to her sudden stopping. "Yeah, I'm all good," she said, stepping on the gas. "So, what do you think?" He questioned. "Well, when we get back to my place, I can put a movie in, if that's alright with you," she told him. "That's perfect," he said as a smile started to form on his face. The conversation the rest of the way home was effortless. At one point, JJ even turned on the radio. Her and Reid both sang along together to the song "All of Me" by John Legend as they pulled into her driveway.