Chapter 27

*Narrators POV*

Reid heard a faint knock on the door. "Come in," he called out quietly. Slowly, the door opened and revealed who was behind it: JJ. His face lit up as soon as he saw her. "JJ you- you came!" Reid said as she quickly walked to his bedside. "I'm so glad your okay!" She said, obviously relieved. "Spence, listen- I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I shouldn't have waited so long to tell you about that and you have every right to be mad. It was a stupid and selfish mistake, and I'm sorry," JJ admitted before he had a chance to say anything. He was a little bit surprised at how apologetic she was. Reid thought that he needed to be more apologetic. His accident made home realize that life was too short to spend being angry. "JJ, come here," he said, motioning to his bedside. She carefully moved towards him and sat down on the bed. Then, he gently pulled her into a hug. "I forgive you, and I'm sorry I got so angry at you earlier. You were scared, and I probably would've done the same thing," He whispered in her ear as he pulled her tighter into his embrace. He could feel her smile when he said this, which made him smile too. "So can we go back to the way things were, you know, right before the fight?" She asked him, breaking the hug. "Definitely!" Reid replied, smirking. "Good," JJ said. Slowly, she leaned closer to him, their faces just inches apart. She carefully slid her hand into his, and then she kissed him. It was a short but sweet kiss, like they'd do it for the rest of their lives. "I love you, JJ, and I always have," Reid whispered all at once as he pulled away. JJ looked a little startled. Did he just say he loved me? She thought to herself. Indeed, he did. That was when she realized she loved him too. She never really thought too much of it, but she loved him too. It wasn't just like a friend love, she was truly in love with him. "I love you too," she whispered in his ear as she squeezed his hand. This brought a smile to both of their faces, and he kissed her quickly again. "How long do you have to stay here, because I was thinking- you know, maybe you could- move in with me?" JJ asked. "I thought you'd never ask!" Reid exclaimed excitedly as he put his arm around her. "So it's a yes?" She questioned. "Of course! I'm supposed to get out of this place in a few days," He replied. At that exact moment in time, they were both so happy. They had finally figured out the truth: they loved each other. They were in love, and they were moving in together! When JJ thought about it, she couldn't stop smiling. But then, she remembered the reason for their fight. They still hadn't figured out who Henry's father was. JJ didn't want to ruin the moment or anything, but she had to bring it up. They needed to figure it out before they even thought about moving in together. "Hey Spence," she said quietly as she shifted in the bed. "Yeah?" He responded, turning to look at her. "What are we going to about- you know, the Henry thing?" She asked him nervously. Reid hesitated. He had forgotten about that momentarily. "Well, we get him a paternity test to find out the truth. If he's my kid, then awesome! I love him so much and I've always wanted kids. If he's not, then I still love him! He's your kid, maybe mine, so I'll love him no matter what," He replied plainly. His response brought a calm over her. Spence always knew how to make her feel better. "You make it seem so easy," she said playfully as she brushed his arm. "How about we go tomorrow? The genetics place is just upstairs," he told her. "Okay let's do it," she responded while smiling as she squeezed his hand. Reid pulled her in tighter, and she nuzzled her head into his neck.
*
The two sat like that for half an hour or so before they heard a knock on the door. "Come in," JJ called out, checking to see who was at the door. "Um, this little guy wanted to see his mommy," Emily said as she entered the room holding Henry's hand. He was standing by her side, but when he saw JJ and Reid, he hopped over to them. "Momma, Uncle Spence!" Henry exclaimed as he jumped onto the hospital bed. "Careful, don't jump on Spence, he's hurt, remember," JJ scolded Henry as she hugged him. Emily watched as JJ and Reid played with Henry. It was so natural for them. "Hey," Morgan said as he came and stood next to her in the doorway. "They're like the perfect family, aren't they?" Emily said to Morgan, mesmerized by the sight in front of her. Morgan paused for a second to take in what was happening. He realized Emily was right. "Yeah, yeah they are," he responded as he watched JJ and Reid play with Henry.